I need help filing a claim. con't

Sorry I don't know how to replyto to my topic with this new format. Anyways the seller refunded the amount that I paid but only partially. He kept the shipping money . Is this the way it works? Should I ask for the full refund? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Well, at least your seller refunded you. My seller sent me a damaged collector die cast car. it was clearly sent to me broken, not during shipping because the box had No visible damage to it. He placed it in a window box that had no visible damage either. He knew that UPS would not allow a damage claim because of this. And I have several photos to prove it. Yet he waited and led me to believe that he opened a case with UPS then waited just as long as my claim/report time would expire and then told me it was my problem. I paid $150.00 for a broken collector die cast car which was a Christmas gift for my husband and he told me that I got ripped off by this seller. What really bothers me is that Ebay protects buyers NOT sellers. Ebay doesn't care about my problem and I've been buying from Ebay for approx. 10 years…this is the first incident for me and I didn't even know about my expired report time! 

I decided after menu efforts that I will NOT purchase through EBAY again. Most of you who use EBAY should really listen to this and think twice about your purchasing.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I made a mistake…EBAY Protects SELLERS and NOT BUYERS!!!!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Depends.

Why were you making the claim? If you were just unhappy with the item, but it was as described, for example, if you ordered a red sweater and thought it would be scarlet but it turned out to be cherry, that would be Buyer's Remorse and the seller is justified.

If you return the red sweater it would be on your own dime.

If the sweater shipped was blue, that is the seller's error and he should refund your entire payment as Standard Practice. The Best Practice would be to also refund your return shipping, but that cannot be forced.

The Standard Practice is based on Paypal's policy. No refund without return. Return must use Confirmed Delivery. Buyer pays for return shipping.

Were you required to return the item?

If you were allowed to keep the item, then the partial refund is probably fair. But we don't have enough information, including the seller's side, to say.

In future, if you are not happy with the seller's offer your next step is to start an Item Not As Described or Not Delivered claim. The interaction with the seller is only the first step.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply