I need help filing a claim.

Hi,everyone , after I contacted the seller for some beads I have not received after a month He agreed to give me a refund , only when I try to put the claim through the resolution centre using the ID number a message came up telling me that I already opened a claim. I don't understand I know I have a claim open but it is for another item,. please can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

scifan57
Community Member

Maybe the seller opened up the dispute?Has the seller already sent you the refund?Check the transaction details of your paypal account.BTW,if the seller agrees to refund you before you try to open a dispute there is no need to open the dispute.The resaolution center is for cases that can't be resolved through mutual agreement or where the seller ignores you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes that's what happened. The only thing is he gave me only a partial refund, he kept the shipping charges and I would like to know if that the way it should be. Thanks to anyone who would like to clear this for me.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

No, normally you would be refunded both the item price and the shipping, either by the seller informally or by Paypal/eBay.

This is called "being made whole".

Is it possible that after the partial refund the seller asked you to agree to a Mutual Cancellation? This would formally end the transaction, but would also mean that no future Dispute could be opened since the transaction "does not exist".

At this point, you still have some ammunition. Perhaps a quiet note to the seller asking for the shipping refund and mentioning that 60 days have not yet passed since your original payment.

You have 60 days to leave feedback. The best feedback is calm and factual. At the same time, you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. The lowest Rating is ONE, not zero.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

No, he didn't ask me to agree to a mutual cancellation. In his first answer to my email asking where my items where he told me there was no tracking number, so he didn't know. He suggested that I could buy as a refund, something else at a later time (in 9 days is going to be 45 days since I bought the items). First I agreed but then I thought about it and told him that it was better to go trough the resolution centre , he said ok the only other thing he said was that he wanted to recuperate his ebay fees. The rest you know.Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply