Is it just me? or did anyone else notice that eBay customer service have no clue about eBay.ca

In the past 6 months, everytime I called eBay, the customer care reps. keep on answering my questions based on the .com system which in most cases is different than .ca.  It has become very frustrating to deal with customer service, as they keep on putting me on hold to come back with the wrong information and then they would put me on hold again.  All they do is read the information.  What happened to the knowledgable eBay employees?  I used to get great service eveytime I called, I was always treated like a valued seller, now I'm always rushed off the phone and havn't had one call resulting in the right information in over 6 months.

There is no where to turn...

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Is it just me? or did anyone else notice that eBay customer service have no clue about eBay.ca

Its not just you!!! A seller I had bought from needed help opting out of the global shipping program so she could charge me reasonable shipping rates and she did not get the information she needed. Rather than actually dealing with the GSP issue, she was told have me "request" an invoice so she could adjust shipping that way.  I had only bought one item and did not have the option to request an invoice so she listed another "item" to sell and requested I purchase it so I could then request an new invoice with combined shipping. In the end the sale was cancelled. Ridiculous!!

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Re: Is it just me? or did anyone else notice that eBay customer service have no clue about eBay.ca

Hello to you both,

Not thrilled to hear these, but I'd like to make sure these are corrected for you as well as other future contacts.

Please drop me a detailed email of your concerns so we can have a second look.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Have a look at some of the listings.  The same item sells for $12.00; one for $10 plus $2 shipping and the other is $2 plus $10 shipping.  One is obivously hoping you don't see the unreasonable shipping cost.

Thank god eBay now has the option of sorting by total price.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

The simple answer is not to order from anyone using the global shipping program, works for me.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

this also happened to me global had a seller confused about new program so global cancelled it, after i payed ebay says its a third party shipping company, so it was allowed very annoyed, also the seller pushed button saying it was shipped and my money was held for 5 days. this should not be allowed on ebay a deal is a deal.  i should have been notifyed before cancelling behind my back. now seller did not get what he wanted for it, and refused to sell  ebay rep tryed to help and asked for him to ship another way but he still refuses this should be against ebay rules also this global program is setting there own rules it looks like. owell i will never use global shipping its a rip off. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

The sellers may all be paying $10 for shipping, but one is giving the lower shipping price as the asking price to attract one sort of buyer while the other is giving the actual asking price and the actual shipping price to attract another sort. There is a third variation of this which would be offering the item at $12 with "free shipping". Since the buyer pays the same amount in any case, and the seller pays the same fees in all cases, you can decide which of the identical costs is the best deal.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Thats way its going to be , I wont buy from anyone using Global Shipping, its a rip and just a make work project .

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

When buying it is the total price that matter and any buyer that doesn't realize that is either new or blind .. It has been stated many times on the boards ..

10+ 2 = 12

2=10 = 12

12= 0 = 12

It is most of the time sellers trying to appeal in different ways ... Most know free shipping is the most appealing but then a seller have to think of search criteria ..

Are buyer searching Free shipping or are they searching Lowest price or Lowest price plus shipping ...

$12 Free ship will have you show up on Free shipping and Lowest price plus shipping search but it will exclude you from the Lowest price Search critiera

The Global ship programs sucks but if the item you want is still cheaper then who cares what program they use right ? ..

As for Calling ebay for Customers support it is well known the boards are the best place to go and to be honest ebay should be thankful they have so many members willing to help and to be honest I think those on the boards should recieve an additional disount for doing the job ebay does not do ..

Come to the board as 1 of the ebay guys on the boards or just ask another ebayer on here you will get alot better results ..

I have never called ebay not even once and been happy with what they know and I called lots when I was in the earlier stages of my business....

The phone support is just random people reading rules to you with little to know actual experience ... I once hung up because they could not answer anything I asked and I even had to explain 99% of everything to them well the lady had kids yelling an playing in the backround????????????

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I don't know I only sell in the States
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@marcgosselin wrote:
I don't know I only sell in the States

Actually, your listings show shipping to Canada only so your listings might not be seen by anyone on ebay.com. I would suggest that you also ship to the U.S. as it is a very large market. Also, many Canadians shop on .com.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Actually reading your initial post made us think that your experience with ebay CSR was better than ours since at least it seems like the rep you spoke too was capable of reading and also talked in a language you were able to comprehend.....a lot more assistance than we have been able to get.

Fortunately for you the 5000+ feedback you have brought out help form thin air with personal email.....a lot more service than any other seller posting problems here in forums usually receive....very lucky indeed!

Ebay a fair and honest place to buy and sell goods!.......lol

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

The OP's post is from 2013.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

OP sure is from 2013....but how disgusting is it that it is more reflective now than it was in 2013...great progress ebay!

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I do not get it. 

Everyone of your posts - on any eBay.ca board - is negative on eBay. You see something wrong everywhere.

Why do you still list here?

If eBay is so bad, why do you bother?

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Negative? not at all....REALISTIC is what we are.

It is not our fault that ebay has become nothing but a capitalistic pig of a company that only cares about profit and nothing else, even to a detriment to its own user/shoppers/sellers.

I suggest you try some realism when looking at ebay and maybe you can see truth also but that will probably make you wallet lighter every month if this happens Hey?

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

It is called side stepping. All the pretence of answering also on the hour board. I have not sold on ebay for quite some time now. I had great standing and was receiving my discounts, then US customers weren't able to use the cart with my .ca account. I do not have a store, not $$ smart for me to do so.

I have had my US customers tell me that ebay is telling them that I do not know what I am doing. I have been selling for 7 years. My business changed and only existed if a single item was bought and paid instantly. So since that was a very small part of my business I eventually had my sales decrease by 80%. Now  have been reading throughout the community and the Hour board. Sounds to me that they do not want ebay.ca . You are right about the lack of knowledge, they are reading from a script and are at a call center.

I got tired having my intelligence insulted and stopped selling.. I have been organizing my stock to have them in lots with tracked shipping. The items left over will be sold  locally on another venue. The ebay company does not care about you so stop pounding your head against arrogance and leave ebay or just accept the limitations they have chosen to put on ebay.ca

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

As a canuck loads of problems.won't let me list in US$.If I enter by .com doesn't let me ship with Can.Post.I find customer service terrible.They tell me they will get back to me,never do.My sales are down 90%.I think I've given up on Ebay until things improve.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply