Is there anyway to stop zombie threads?

I know that when you go to list a subject you get suggestions of previous ones and that is probably why we get zombie threads.  I would like to see threads locked after 6 months of no posts.  You should be able to read them as sometimes they have valuable info but not be able to post to them.  

What do you think?  Maybe we should bring this up on Wed?  I can't as I am working, but someone might want to suggest it.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I'll try, but being out here in Paradise (Vancouver Island) I'm a little timeshifted.

I agree.

The main problem is that the advice is often waaaay out of date by the time a newbie poster finds it.

We have been getting a lot of them recently haven't we?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Wow-- I just got four kudos for various answers to posts that were from 2013-2014!!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

those threads are know has Golden Shovel prizes

images.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I know that when you go to list a subject you get suggestions of previous ones and that is probably why we get zombie threads.  I would like to see threads locked after 6 months of no posts.  You should be able to read them as sometimes they have valuable info but not be able to post to them.  

What do you think?  Maybe we should bring this up on Wed?  I can't as I am working, but someone might want to suggest it.

The good olde Lithium forum software search function.

Suggesting to eBay that eBay tell Lithium that improvements are desired is a good idea.

* old inactive threads should be locked against new postings (although I'm more in favour of a 12 month restriction than 6 months).

* prioritize search results by date.

* instructing the Lithium staff to lock zombie threads that are reported.

-..-

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@musicyouneed wrote:

Howdy everyone - definitely agree that some sort of archiving/historical view should be implemented. It's something that I'm working on, and hope to have something communicable after tomorrow.

@femmefan1946 - that was probably me, lol. I'm trying to get my feet wet and keep running across good responses from you. 😉

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@musicyouneed wrote:

Howdy everyone - definitely agree that some sort of archiving/historical view should be implemented. It's something that I'm working on, and hope to have something communicable after tomorrow.

@femmefan1946 - that was probably me, lol. I'm trying to get my feet wet and keep running across good responses from you. 😉

Hi All -

An update on this: an archival process is being proposed, with an implementation time frame of several months. Hopefully before the summer is out we won't have to worry about ancient threads reviving suddenly any longer. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Threads can be ... locked

Message 8 of 8
latest reply