MARCH 1 2017 Weekly Session WISH LIST

Again, I'm not an employee of ebay Canada nor do I play one on TV. 

It looks like I might have missed a week last week but I've been keeping a running list of concerns that have gone unaddressed while our last session guru awaits replacement. https://community.ebay.ca/t5/eBay-CA-Next-Generation/FEBRUARY-15-2017-Weekly-Session-WISH-LIST/m-p/3...

This week, Mr. Russ Patterson, the COO & Director of Product Management for eBay Canada, opened a thread about the 2017 Spring Seller Update on ebay Canada which noted (as an aside) that we should be able to expect the Weekly Sessions back starting soon. https://community.ebay.ca/t5/eBay-News-and-Information/eBay-Spring-2017-seller-update/td-p/366929

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 5.10.33 PM.png

This was our running list of concerns from previous weekly session WISH LIST threads I opened:

• Statement from ebay Canada addressed to Canadian buyers and Chinese sellers about major delays in shipping time as a result of Customs examining lettermail for smuggled illicit drugs, and position statement for federal government to consider exerting pressure on the Chinse government to ban export of the drugs in question (mjwl2006)
  • Clarification from ebay on the actual Paypal Shipping discounts now available to ebay sellers. Recent Announcement made it seem as if the discounts had been altered http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/16/7939/ (pocomocomputing)
  • Clarification on policy around banned buyers being allowed to create new accounts to circumvent seller blocks (dutchman48)
  • ebay Canada Promos giving conflicting messages to users, depending on who is trying to activate them. Saying 'expired' as opposed to 'we didn't invite you to this' (pocomocomputing)
  • Clarification on the process of ebay Canada's shipping partners Canada Post, Paypal Shipping about whether seller still receives funds from postal damage claims in order to refund the buyer, or if the process has changed so that CPC refunds the monies to Paypal Shipping only which does not have the infrastructure in place (apparently) to actually give that money back to the seller who purchased the postage label and/or insurance on the parcel. If this is the case, it is a major shift with serious implications for ebay Canada sellers. (vintage north) This issue may have resolved itself as per the seller who created the Topic
  • Explanation and elaboration of the process ebay follows when dealing with 'bad' buyers who have been reported for fraud and/or theft (handbags vogue)
  • A request ebay could include the exact time an ebay order was paid on the Sales Record page so that sellers with same-day dispatch obligations (like me) would know if the order was placed before or after their cut-off time (mjwl2006)

Anyone else? The end is in sight if we'll have an actual return to real Weekly Sessions run by ebay Canada personnel. I'm looking forward to it. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

musicuneed
Community Member

I'm going to try to give a "Coles Notes" version.

When are ALL the current GLITCHES going to be fixed? Before introducing more problems, ebay calls them "tools"? 

Why would a business announce that they are focusing on marketing/bringing new buyers when they can't support the structure that is in place for either the seller or buyer. Case in point, I spent 4-6hours/day on the phone Friday, Sat & Sun because I had 3 individual "potential buyers", all from different countries that could not purchase from me, the problem was within ebay tech problems. Was this a pleasant experience for ANYONE? This is not a new event. And ebay wants to bring new buyers for this experience?

What about "The New Seller Hub" is that "on the drawing board" or in "file 13" ? Unique interest to me as draft folder hasn't been working since Oct 30 2016 (yes have had numerous calls about that) new hub was to have a "tool" in it similar so ebay has now told me it won't be fixed so keep 1x1 manually.

When are seller monthly invoices going to be correct and what is being done to prevent this from happening on a regular basis? (or do I assume that the billing software is also full of "glitches" as is the entire site)

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

A clarification of how sellers should handle MBG claims which require the seller to send a Return Shipping Label to the buyer, a requirement which is NOT POSSIBLE if buyer and seller are in different countries.

This requirement also affects American sellers who ship internationally, but do not use the GSP, or who have a Not As Described dispute to settle, which does not involve damage in transit.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The new ebay updates and cutting the TRS discount.

Why the store subscribed sellers pay almost the same fees like non store sellers in some categories.

Keeping the fraud customer on ebay,when this will stop?

CS from North America indeed

Message 4 of 4
latest reply