New Community Boards Coming to ebay Canada now

This flew in under the radar yesterday. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/11/13/8075/

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 5.53.45 AM.png

Cue the hue and cry in three... two.... one....

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: New Community Boards Coming to ebay Canada now

Just love the last part of the 1st paragraph. What a bunch of bunk. They never collaborated with any sellers!

The US boards are still a joke. Want some badges?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

PLEEEEEAAAASE don't introduce the stupid summer camper badges!

Having the poster's feedback rating is much more useful to gauge quickly whether we are dealing with a newbie who needs the most basic information (like how to open a dispute) or a long term seller who has a deep problem with her sales (or purchases).

On the other hand, it 's getting close to time to archive the Global Shipping Program threads and start them again. The early information is now badly out of date.

It might be better to open any posts to it with some basic information like:

• It's a SELLER  Protection Program.
  • The import fees go to the Canadian Government
  • The duty-free maximum is $20 (~$16USD)
  • If you haven't been charged before, you were lucky
  • The GSP is not mandatory for US and UK sellers, but they like it
  • And give the Pitney Bowes tracking site.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Darn it! I much prefer the setup of the boards here.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I generally prefer to stick with the devil I know than the devil I don't, so I was happy to see things left as they are here on ebay Canada Community but I admit that I do think the badges are kind of amusing. I honestly expected we'd be safe from implementation of the new style for a few more years at least, the way things lag on this side when new initiatives are introduced.

I'd much rather, for example, have a fully functioning Promotions Mamager on ebay.ca than a new Community experience. Cough cough. Ahem. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I find the badges insulting.

They say nothing about the poster except an opaque indication of how many posts she has made.

Like I say; summer camp.

fitness-awards.png

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I have a collection of these from childhood although I foggily remember there being a fifth which depicting a half-dead mule surrounded by flies and vultures which would have been the badge I got on a regular basis for my participation. The 'Please Try Again' badge. 

To be fair, I spend zero time on ebay.com so I have no idea how hard it might be to actually make the new Community format functional as a user. Having at least a feedback count shown is valuable insight. Is it completely unavailable? Or only after six clicks. Of course, unlike you and I, many people invent new profiles just to use to post. 

Remember when there was a pile of coins next to a user's name? 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Actually a Posting ID icon would be helpful.

I understand that many sellers are nervous, especially on the dotCOM Boards, of revenge and mischief from other posters who disagree with them.

And some just keep themselves to themselves.

I only post with two of my accounts, occasionally slipping and using a third, partly for that reason.

I found a bunch of the Gold ones that belong to DD. She was an athlete from the get-go and could turn a perfect somersault before she could walk. (Her daddy was at home with her for her first year with us, then I took over for a couple of years at home.)

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Hi all,

I'm glad to see some discussion around the new boards. I'm leading this project and have been monitoring the thread, and will be addressing questions and concerns as well as I'm able to, as long as they're constructive.

I want to stress that that the impending change involves the introduction of a new version of the current platform, rather than a different platform altogether. While there will be some additional features (like the badges that everyone is looking forward to so much Smiley Tongue), the day-to-day functionality is going to remain very much the same.

I'm also going to be working with the vendor to ensure that members have access to some form of guide that will help orient you to anything that might be different.

Fortunately, for those who voiced concern about losing visibility to other members' feedback scores (and having it be replaced with badges): I was able to confirm today that you will still be able to view the feedback score of any member whose username you click on, as seen below:

feedback.png

Lastly, I'd like to confirm that, despite some skepticism in this thread, eBay members were very much involved in the original design of this version of the platform. It can be hard to make everyone happy and change is often disruptive, but I hope to see this go as smoothly as possible and keep you folks happy in your community.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@happy_pigeon wrote:

Hi all,

I'm glad to see some discussion around the new boards. I'm leading this project and have been monitoring the thread, and will be addressing questions and concerns as well as I'm able to, as long as they're constructive.

I want to stress that that the impending change involves the introduction of a new version of the current platform, rather than a different platform altogether. While there will be some additional features (like the badges that everyone is looking forward to so much Smiley Tongue), the day-to-day functionality is going to remain very much the same.

I'm also going to be working with the vendor to ensure that members have access to some form of guide that will help orient you to anything that might be different.

Fortunately, for those who voiced concern about losing visibility to other members' feedback scores (and having it be replaced with badges): I was able to confirm today that you will still be able to view the feedback score of any member whose username you click on, as seen below:

feedback.png

Lastly, I'd like to confirm that, despite some skepticism in this thread, eBay members were very much involved in the original design of this version of the platform. It can be hard to make everyone happy and change is often disruptive, but I hope to see this go as smoothly as possible and keep you folks happy in your community.

Ebay always says members were involved, yet when it starts, no one likes it. Or you asked for this and here it is.

The US boards are a very good example.

Of course, this again only involves the smaller sellers as the Chinese and mega sellers, that Ebay caters to, don't get involved.

May as well shut the boards down totally as they are just getting absurd. That way, Lithium would go away as well and we would not sit here getting non answers to questions directed to staff.

Ebay is becoming so disruptive with all the garbage they say sellers asked for, are becoming absurd with micromanaging products and listings they don't own, and jamming everything down our throats.

Oh yea I forgot all the frauds, scams, and duplicate listings they have no time and staff to control, but they have all the time to make useless changes for nothing but disruption.

Yes, you have an upset long time member as many of us are, and I am more outspoken than others, and this just adds more salt to the wound.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi all,

As you've no doubt noticed, the new boards are now here. Please join me in the thread below to share any comments or feedback you might have. I'm going to close this thread for further comments, so that feedback can be gathered in one place so I don't miss any.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/eBay-CA-Next-Generation/New-Community-Platform/m-p/391193

Message 12 of 12
latest reply