New Community Platform

Hi all,

Welcome to the newest version of your Community platform. I see that some of you are already posting away, and to those who may have experienced some hiccups earlier during the rollout process, thanks for your patience.

Let's use this discussion thread as a hub for constructive feedback and questions about the upgrade. Most of your day-to-day functions should remain the same, but if you can't find or feature, or want to know how to use some of the new ones, we'll help you out as best we can.

Message 1 of 146
latest reply
145 REPLIES 145

New Community Platform

@happy_pigeon wrote:

...what is the experience of other members with regard to previously viewed/unviewed threads and posts? Do you see any indiction on your side?

Like mjwl, I also see posts marked read/unread based on whether or not the topic title is bold. For example, the title for this topic WAS NOT bold as I had read through all the posts. The topic above it, which had newer unread posts, WAS bold. I have never seen that red bar that you posted a screenshot of earlier.

Message 81 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@happy_pigeon wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@ tagging feature

@In the eBay.com USA forums, when you are replying to a members post and start to use the @ tagging symbol, it immediately brings up a drop down list of eBay members who posted to the topic being read with the OP (Original Poster) id being first and as you type the member name, it shows the subset of members in the community to select from if they have not posted to the topic. This lookup feature is very nice. Can we have this feature in the eBay.ca Canada forums?

Yes, that feature is also activated on the Canadian forums - in my lengthy post a few posts up, I "atted" several people, including yourself. Do you not see the dropdown when you type the '@' symbol and begin typing a username? If not, it may be a permissions issue that I can have fixed.

Edit: Apologies, it may have been disabled for users at large. I've enabled it, so give it a try now.

Testing @happy_pigeon  seems to be working okay as I now get the dropdown list.

Message 82 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Testing @happy_pigeon  seems to be working okay as I now get the dropdown list.

Great! Looks like it's working, I got an email calling my attention to it.

Message 83 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@happy_pigeon wrote:

I just want to reiterate that the font size/post size isn't going to change for the time being. I've taken a look, but unfortunately, this isn't a setting that I can easily adjust without there being a code change.

I won't be commenting further on that particular piece of feedback in this thread for now and will be focusing on other feedback that I can potentially action. However, people should continue to put their two cents in about it if they'd like to, so that I have a good idea of how many support it if/when the times comes that we might be able to revisit it.

@happy_pigeon

Ok. I just mentioned it since others had too.  I am trying to give back as much input on these new forums based on my experience using the eBay.com USA forums. I had months to use those forums and read and experience all the issues and likes/dislikes there. Hoping some can be implemented. But I do realize that eBay wants to have as similar and uniform a platform as possible across as many eBay sites as possible without too much local customization. I know that whenever there are rollouts of new versions of the software, it is easier to change when there is less local customizations.

PS I just love having the browser spellcheck on. I wish the eBay.com USA forums would implement this simple change.

Message 84 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Hey all, I'll be ducking out for the weekend (will probably spend it shoveling snow unamused), but keep the conversation going and I'll be back to check in on Monday.

Message 85 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@happy_pigeon

What is this 'snow' you speak of?

Did you check location for that one?

Do you think it would be most helpful as a point of curiosity, or because some members get confused and stumble into the wrong forum..?

Yes (because I'm a nosy old bat) and yes.

Another thing, as one of the three busybodies who are still trying to guide members through the Global Shipping Program, we can no longer go directly to the last post of the 5000 odd whines and moans.  We are directed to our own first post back in 2013.

While I don't think those threads should be locked, perhaps they could be removed and a fresh start made for them?

Some of the problems are already resolved (most US sellers using GSP seem to have actively sought to opt in, rather than being defaulted) and there is a lot of misinformation in the complaints and responses.

Message 86 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

And is there any difference between a Question and a Discussion?

For the smaller member base in Canada, perhaps they should be amalgamated?

Message 87 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Q. "What is the experience of other members with regard to previously viewed/unviewed threads and posts? Do you see any indiction on your side?"

i just wanted to let you know that I do not see any balding of titles on my iPad and I assume that this may be the same for other mobile users. I have to try and remember which thread I have read. Something to tell us the difference between read and new threads would be very helpful. Thanks.

Message 88 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@mjwl2006momcqueen wrote:

Q. "What is the experience of other members with regard to previously viewed/unviewed threads and posts? Do you see any indiction on your side?"

A. If I'm understanding the question correctly, my previously-viewed posts are not in boldface while the New or Unread ones are bold. Sometimes.

@happy_pigeonI do see a very, very small difference regarding the bold titles. But the difference is not big enough. On the old forums, it was very clear which topic had a new post and which ones had not. And the topics were brought back on top when it had a new post in it. Is there a way to do that again and make the bold... bolder? laughing

Message 89 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@lady.stark wrote:

A. If I'm understanding the question correctly, my previously-viewed posts are not in boldface while the New or Unread ones are bold. Sometimes.

@happy_pigeonI do see a very, very small difference regarding the bold titles. But the difference is not big enough. On the old forums, it was very clear which topic had a new post and which ones had not. And the topics were brought back on top when it had a new post in it. Is there a way to do that again and make the bold... bolder? laughing

In order to see the difference between bolded, unread topics/threads and non-bold topics/threads, you must be logged into the account used to post. I checked last night. Without being logged into ebay, there was no way for me to discern which topics were new and which ones were not. Once I logged into ebay, it was clear which topics I had not read at all because they were boldface, and that included the ones with new posts on topics I had already read. 

Message 90 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@happy_pigeon

What is this 'snow' you speak of?

Did you check location for that one?

Do you think it would be most helpful as a point of curiosity, or because some members get confused and stumble into the wrong forum..?

Yes (because I'm a nosy old bat) and yes.

Another thing...the Global Shipping Program...perhaps they could be removed and a fresh start made for them?

As of Friday, they were still calling for a crazy amount of snow on Friday through Saturday, at least for the Oakville area. Fortunately, it was cancelled! Only one round of shoveling...

I'm open to killing old threads, if there's no more movement. I think it would be helpful at some point to do a survey or similar checkpoint with the community at large to get everyone's take on a number of issues raised in this thread... it's planning season, so let me get my feet under me and I'll see what I can do.

Message 91 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@femmefan1946 wrote:

And is there any difference between a Question and a Discussion?

For the smaller member base in Canada, perhaps they should be amalgamated?

By questions, I guess you mean the Answer Centre? Yes and no, I suppose the Answer Centre is meant to be more action-oriented and easier to reference in the future with less of the surrounding discussion. The original intentions were very different, but in practice they're likely very similar slight_smile

Message 92 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@lady.stark wrote:

OK. I'm hearing that the experience wrt read/unread discussions and posts is very subtle and possibly not consistent across members. Let me look into it with Lithium.

Message 93 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@lady.stark wrote:

In order to see the difference between bolded, unread topics/threads and non-bold topics/threads, you must be logged into the account used to post. I checked last night. Without being logged into ebay, there was no way for me to discern which topics were new and which ones were not. Once I logged into ebay, it was clear which topics I had not read at all because they were boldface, and that included the ones with new posts on topics I had already read. 

I am always logged in. But the difference for me is barely noticeable.

Message 94 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@lady.stark wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

I am always logged in. But the difference for me is barely noticeable.

Really? I checked this on the mobile version of ebay Community my iPad (I remove you saying your desktop was shot, that was you, right? or was it another user) and it was as discernible to me as it is on the desktop. I wonder if it's a browser-based experience. I'm using Safari. What browser do you use?

Message 95 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

I use Chrome and this is what I see. It's pretty clear to me which topics do and don't have unread messages, though I think that "red bar" referenced earlier would be an even better way to help differentiate between topics.

Untitled.png

Message 96 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@thestuffofchris wrote:

I use Chrome and this is what I see. It's pretty clear to me which topics do and don't have unread messages, though I think that "red bar" referenced earlier would be an even better way to help differentiate between topics.

Untitled.png

Yes, that's how new versus previously-read content appears to me on the Home page too.

That 'red bar' is similar to what I see under the bell or notifications but my bar is black. 

Mine is a black bar. Perhaps the colour red is reserved for employees of ebayMine is a black bar. Perhaps the colour red is reserved for employees of ebay

Message 97 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

(Oh, and above it should say to ladystark that I 'remembered' her saying her laptop was shot, not 'removed' her saying it which makes no sense whatsoever, so that's auto-correct coming to save the day when it cannot make any better sense of whatever word at the time that I mistyped.)

Message 98 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

First of all, thank you for happy_pigeon's prompt responses to most member inputs and the humourous touches. It made reading the thread much more enjoyable.

Now here is my "concern" (not very concerning to me, just annoying)... Please feel free to view the two threads below, and you should be able to see what the exact problem is Smiley Wink

My original thread:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Shippo-Expedited-Parcel-label/m-p/391634

My moved-by-mod thread:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Shippo-Central/Shippo-Expedited-Parcel-label/m-p/391701

Message 99 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Yes, I must concur we need a Shippo Central topic which is so easy to find it practically jumps off the page and slaps us in the face. 

Please @happy_pigeon and thank you. 

Message 100 of 146
latest reply