New Community Platform

Hi all,

Welcome to the newest version of your Community platform. I see that some of you are already posting away, and to those who may have experienced some hiccups earlier during the rollout process, thanks for your patience.

Let's use this discussion thread as a hub for constructive feedback and questions about the upgrade. Most of your day-to-day functions should remain the same, but if you can't find or feature, or want to know how to use some of the new ones, we'll help you out as best we can.

Message 1 of 146
latest reply
145 REPLIES 145

New Community Platform

@mjwl2006momcqueen wrote:

Really? I checked this on the mobile version of ebay Community my iPad (I remove you saying your desktop was shot, that was you, right? or was it another user) and it was as discernible to me as it is on the desktop. I wonder if it's a browser-based experience. I'm using Safari. What browser do you use?

Nope, that's not me. My desktop is fine.

I use Firefox. And for me, the difference between bold and normal is not that visible. At work, I use Explorer, and it's not that noticeable either.

Message 101 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@lady.stark wrote:

Really? I checked this on the mobile version of ebay Community my iPad (I remove you saying your desktop was shot, that was you, right? or was it another user) and it was as discernible to me as it is on the desktop. I wonder if it's a browser-based experience. I'm using Safari. What browser do you use?

Nope, that's not me. My desktop is fine.

I use Firefox. And for me, the difference between bold and normal is not that visible. At work, I use Explorer, and it's not that noticeable either.

Okay, sorry. I know of whom I'm thinking now with the wrecked computer using an iPad. My mistake, and apologies. 

Do you adjust the type size on your screen at all for viewing? Sometimes I find that makes formation a bit wonky. Can you screenshot what you're seeing? 

Message 102 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

For example: 

Top thread previously-read, bottom thread new-content.

EnlargedEnlargedShrunkenShrunken

Or do you mean simply that the difference between bold and not bold is ultimately not discernible enough to you, and that maybe one should be a different colour altogether or something?

Message 103 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Had trouble even finding Seller Central.
Message 104 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Yes, I must concur we need a Shippo Central topic which is so easy to find it practically jumps off the page and slaps us in the face. 

Replying to both @zee-chan and @momcqueen - one of the changes I asked Lithium to make was to rename "Shippo Central" to "Packaging & Shipping" in the Answer Centre, because I wanted it to be a place where sellers could discuss all manner of shipping aspects, even if they're not related to Shippo (ALTHOUGH PLEASE USE SHIPPO, IT'S GREAT).

It looks like Lithium did not execute this properly, and now Shippo exists as kind of a "ghost" board, existing in the ether... thanks for calling this out.

Since it exists and has useful topics in it, and they can't really dump its contents into Packaging & Shipping because it's already populated with other stuff (???) I'll ask them to add Shippo Central to the Discussions menu under Buying & Selling on eBay. Stay tuned.

Message 105 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Thank you.

I would see both Shippo Central and Postage and Packaging being useful in each its own way. 

Postage and Packaging might be more of a Quick Answer topic but Shippo Central often involves lengthy troubleshooting and discussion. Could one maybe go under Answer Centre and the other Discussions?

Message 106 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Thank you.

I would see both Shippo Central and Postage and Packaging being useful in each its own way. 

Postage and Packaging might be more of a Quick Answer topic but Shippo Central often involves lengthy troubleshooting and discussion. Could one maybe go under Answer Centre and the other Discussions?

For sure. Packaging & Shipping will remain in the Answer Centre as it is now, and Shippo Central has been re-added to the Discussion menu slight_smile

Message 107 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Am I missing something on this page? I can’t find anywhere to do an eBay search from the new Discussion pages. I often need to look up something when reading or replying to a question or comment and can’t find an eBay search bar. I guess on a computer it is easy to open a new page but not very easy on a mobile device. Can you add a search bar please or tell me where it is if I’m not seeing it? Thanks.

Message 108 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Desktop is right at the top of the page while Mobile is halfway down, unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

Desktop vs mobile device

DesktopDesktopMobile deviceMobile device

Message 109 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Hi Maureen, thanks but doesn’t look the same on my iPad. I can search within the community but was looking for a search bar so I could search within eBay. For instance, if someone says to check an item number there is no place to input that item number (or at least, none that I have found anyway).

Message 110 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Oh, to search all of ebay for goods while staying on Community... no, I don't see that bar. You're right, it's gone now if you're using a mobile device. Unless it's hidden somewhere. 

Message 111 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

It's gone on desktops too.  

Sometimes I have two windows open so I can check things out without losing my place.

Message 112 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Could it be browser specific? I'm on Chrome on desktop and I have the search bar at the top of my page.

Message 113 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

I'm puzzled by the prompt to 'customize my home page'. 

What are these things? Who or what is hunnybunzzz? Is someone actually using these?

I feel like I went out to buy milk and cookies at 7-11 and then stumbled into the dark web.

I'm reluctant to click anything listed below.I'm reluctant to click anything listed below.Are these groups of some kind?Are these groups of some kind?

Message 114 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

I did mention this once before but .........

Can you get rid of the threads on on "Popular Board Discussions"

They all seem to be from 2013 and 2014.

Thank you.

Message 115 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@momcqueen wrote:

I'm puzzled by the prompt to 'customize my home page'. 

What are these things? Who or what is hunnybunzzz? Is someone actually using these?

I feel like I went out to buy milk and cookies at 7-11 and then stumbled into the dark web.

I'm reluctant to click anything listed below.I'm reluctant to click anything listed below.Are these groups of some kind?Are these groups of some kind?

Yes, there are groups in the customize page and it is a mess. I already mentioned this issue with the customize home page in my post 63 and got a reply from @happy_pigeon in post 67 that they would look into fixing the customize page.  The same or similar issue happened on the eBay.com USA forums and they fixed the customize page a lot but it still has some issues in my opinion.

Message 116 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

I see, thank you. When you posted that earlier, I hadn't yet spotted the option to Customize my Home Page so I don't quite think I understood that to which you were referring and thought about only the old mess of never-used Groups in the former version of the Community platform. 

Message 117 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Also, the links to Discussions and Groups here lead to a broken link.

Discussions and Groups lead to a dead-endDiscussions and Groups lead to a dead-end

Message 118 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@pocomocomputing@momcqueen:

These are weeeeird... looks like something else I should add to the Lithium slush pile. Not sure I even want to know what a honeybunzzz is.

In the 'good news' column, I've discovered how to archive threads without activity past a certain point (I knew how, but needed to double-check something first to make sure I didn't accidentally kill the entire forum), so I'll be batch-archiving any thread without activity for 3 months or more in the next little while.

Message 119 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Here is something weeeeeeeeeeird for you to check out! Please read from message #8 and onward.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Chart-for-new-shipping-costs/m-p/391654#M87484

PS. I went to check out that page momcqueen posted and had a good laugh. Though I noticed that there are less groups there than before. I don't see that honeybunszz group anymore but there are still some that looked pretty amusing. I feel right at home when I saw "I need to vent"... stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes  and that group that says "are you looking to work at home?" sounded sooooo sketchy lol. Though I guess many eBay sellers here are technically speaking working from home... laughing

Message 120 of 146
latest reply