New Community Platform

Hi all,

Welcome to the newest version of your Community platform. I see that some of you are already posting away, and to those who may have experienced some hiccups earlier during the rollout process, thanks for your patience.

Let's use this discussion thread as a hub for constructive feedback and questions about the upgrade. Most of your day-to-day functions should remain the same, but if you can't find or feature, or want to know how to use some of the new ones, we'll help you out as best we can.

Message 1 of 146
latest reply
145 REPLIES 145

New Community Platform

It's a mystery to me the reason those threads float to the top.

I believe they float to the top because someone recently replies to the zombie thread which automatically updates the thread with placement at the top... 

Message 141 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Yes, that explains some of the old threads that have floated upwards. User search and comment. Yet others haven’t had comment for years and still rise. Those are the mystery.
Message 142 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

Overdue feedback here, as this was an issue with the old Community boards too.

The Answer Centre. Users, especially new users, have an exceedingly difficult time finding answers to questions when those answers come in the form of Comments which ar collapsed by default, as is the case for additional Answers to the question. Could we not have an expanded view of all Answers and associated Comments by default? It would alleviate the trouble users have in finding their way around the Answer Centre.

Just my thought.

I know the point is that an Answer is supposed to be easier to find than the solution to an issue under Discussion but.....

Users are missing answers to their questions.
Message 143 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

I'm not sure that we need both a Discussion and an Answer Board given the small size of the Community.

And the Comments are a problem too, because it is not clear that all Replies should be made to the original Question, rather than to the commentors.

Message 144 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

I don't see much improvement here, and I do question the tech hours spent trying to do this when so many other problems and glitches are ignored by the tech team. I have complained over and over and they do nothing, then spend a huge amount of time doing this, which doesn't really work any better.
Message 145 of 146
latest reply

New Community Platform

@clevelandite69wrote:
I don't see much improvement here, ...

This a topic about the Canadian eBay.CA community platform.

Message 146 of 146
latest reply