New Update with Ebay Views

Hello all good Folks out there in the Universe and webasphere.

Just noticed there was a new ebay update regarding views and how they're calculated. Have yall notice the numbers drop and what not? How is a watcher calculated? Must the buyer click watch or simply click item for long periods?

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Jake LS@thego2corner
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm noticing this too. Normally I get a couple of views in the first hour after posting and mine have been sitting at zero for 2 days. There must be a glitch in their new system. Hoping they fix it soon and I don't really understand the need for the change either.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I've noticed the same thing on my auctions , i seriously think its not working properly , every time ebays rocket scientists change something they screw up the site . "If its working , leave it alone" absolutely not ebays motto . more like "what can we screw up now?" 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I don't know for certain how it works with "views" but I would think/hope a view meant a view/look-see, meaning someone was at least momentarily intrigued enough to click and look while scrolling through. I don't think it would have to be for a long period, just that they had looked at all!

And in answer to your question have I noticed views dropping, definite yes on my part. There have been so many changes to how items are searched and categorized (with more changes coming!) I'm happy to get any activity at all. Thankful to still be active, but definitely not as much as before.

Hoping things will perk up again soon (for everyone)!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm noticing this too. Normally I get a couple of views in the first hour after posting and mine have been sitting at zero for 2 days. There must be a glitch in their new system. Hoping they fix it soon and I don't really understand the need for the change either.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

I don't know for certain how it works with "views" but I would think/hope a view meant a view/look-see, meaning someone was at least momentarily intrigued enough to click and look while scrolling through. I don't think it would have to be for a long period, just that they had looked at all!

And in answer to your question have I noticed views dropping, definite yes on my part. There have been so many changes to how items are searched and categorized (with more changes coming!) I'm happy to get any activity at all. Thankful to still be active, but definitely not as much as before.

Hoping things will perk up again soon (for everyone)!

New change to how views are displayed (May 2022)

We changed how we count and report listing page views. Views shown on this page are for the past 30 days.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

par for course when updating software... I left for almost a year so they would have this done . I may as well take my listings down and start over now. this always  takes forever to mend itself and some items just get lost .

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for all your responses. Sorry I lost track completely of the thread 😄

The software is definitely odd and can be a real pain for us sellers I noticed.

Keep grinding folks 💯

Jake
Message 7 of 7
latest reply