The new board format

They just can't leave things alone - can they?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The new board format

I don't mind it. 

I mean, we knew it was coming eventually. The US side has had it for long enough that users must be accustomed to it by now. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The new board format

On the left under "popular discussions" - 2 of the 3 threads are from 2013.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The new board format

I prefer the old format. IMO it was easier to find things. But no the only thing that remains constant at eBay is change!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The new board format

I also prefer the old format. I have checked in several times and then just left! Some of us are old and don't like change, especially when the old way was working fine.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The new board format

I also prefered the old one. Not because I'm old and don't like change. If they change something for the better, that's fine by me. Except... this change is NOT for the better. It is just for the sake of change. While other stuff really needing eBay's attention are still not corrected: from broken links to the cart disconnect.

There is so much blank and lost spaces here... what took 1 line on the old board is not taking 3 lines of space. I feel like I'm reading on a phone and I hate it. Can you imagine how some messages will look like? There are some very voluble members here...

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The new board format

@lucitabby wrote:
On the left under "popular discussions" - 2 of the 3 threads are from 2013.

I think users now are searching topics and coming up with dead threads that have generated a lot of discussion. Because the format changed, and they don't know how else to find things. I expect it's a learning curve.

Obviously I'm alone in this, but I don't mind the white space and change to the format. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The new board format

Hi all,

I'm part of the eBay Team, and I'd love to hear your comments and feedback. I've been collecting them all in the thread below, so please join me there:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/eBay-CA-Next-Generation/New-Community-Platform/m-p/391193

Message 8 of 8
latest reply