what is everyones opinion of this new format? I think it is awful

I find this very difficult to follow and read, no dates once you open a posting, and all confluted

Message 1 of 99
latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

Re: what is everyone's opinion of this new format? I think it is awful

Oh! Okay. I knew they were changing to blue but didn't pay close enough wattention to see that was a pink blue. Thanks!

Message 21 of 99
latest reply

It's hard on the eyes.

This is a lot of white with a little gray in between each post.

On the old format, the messages alternated with a gray background, white background, gray background. It was easier on the eyes and easier to see the distinction between one post and another without thinking about it.

Message 22 of 99
latest reply

Very hard to read 😞

Do not like it, but I guess like all changed I will "get used to it"

Message 23 of 99
latest reply

I found the boards more legible after I chose the Large text size in "My Settings > Preferences > Display."

Message 24 of 99
latest reply

I found it hard to read on my eyes and have changed my setting font size to large from the default medium. It seems better.

Still learning how to use the new forums.

Why only allowed to give postive kudos - thumbs up? Why not a thumbs down kudo? eBay forums is not allowing negative Kudos like feedback, LOL.

Message 25 of 99
latest reply

It seems hard to identify new or updated stuff compared to the old style, and while I haven't spent much time on it yet the messages are in backward order, so you have to go to the end to see the most recent....I really don't like it at all.....

Message 26 of 99
latest reply

OK so I should have spent another minute investigating first, I now notice that the ballons lose their shine when you've opened it, and you can reverse the replies sort order....still dont like it tho.

Message 27 of 99
latest reply

This new format stinks! eBay jams this down our throats. What else is new? Smiley Mad

cool-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE IT

DON'T LIST IT™

Message 28 of 99
latest reply

"eBay forums is not allowing negative Kudos like feedback, LOL."

Good one.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 29 of 99
latest reply

Why are there so many OLD discussions? and how do I find my own questions or replies.  This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen!  I can't find any help without spending forever searching for a thread!

Message 30 of 99
latest reply

sheepgal54 wrote:...how do I find my own questions or replies.   

Click on your ID, then on your personal page the top section is for Recent Posts. It shows the first 5, and below that there's a link for "View all."

Message 31 of 99
latest reply

No more boards for me ..to hard on the eyes ... To much going on ...farewell discussion boards.. Ebay get ready to increase customer support..
Message 32 of 99
latest reply

@karl*katz wrote:

Okay I give...

How do you add a profile image ???

I believe it comes from your eBay feedback page... go to your eBay "My World" page to add your profile image.

Message 33 of 99
latest reply

Hi Canada

Just dropped by to see your new board.

This is not a case of "If it ain't broke don't fix it" as some have posted, the old board provider ebay used for our boards decided to take a different business direction and won't be doing message boards.

Thats why the change.

eBay could just as easily decided the heck with it and just dropped boards altogether.

Message 34 of 99
latest reply

@brandeentertainment wrote:
No more boards for me ..to hard on the eyes ... To much going on ...farewell discussion boards.. Ebay get ready to increase customer support..

I found it hard on the eyes with the default font size. So I changed it to large from medium in My Settings for the forums. It is easier to read.

Message 35 of 99
latest reply

My opinion - yechhh.  Harder to read (too faint), harder to see at a glance what's being discussed, and harder to find a particular thread. 

I may eventually adjust to this, but I'll be away for a while...it's too much effort to deal with right now (I'm still trying to catch up on all the other massive changes to the site and to eBay's policies...

Message 36 of 99
latest reply

Oh yes, and I really used to like being able to see WHO was on the boards responding at any given time.  That was a nice touch, can't find it here...

Even the "Post" button is almost hidden, and I really dislike their emoticons.  Smiley Sad    I'm too busy to start over here.

Message 37 of 99
latest reply

On the positive side, I see no options for starting a 'poll'.

Message 38 of 99
latest reply

"I notice that in the Buyers and sellers group - Seller Central is all the way down at the bottom.

You know - us sellers who tend to make all the money for eBay and have by far the largest number of posts.

Sellers may pass along the money to eBay, but it's the buyers who generate that money in the first place.

eBay knows what side its bread is buttered."

I disagree.  You always work for the one that pays for your services.  Look up the "Law of Agency".

@marnotom! wrote:

I notice that in the Buyers and sellers group - Seller Central is all the way down at the bottom.

You know - us sellers who tend to make all the money for eBay and have by far the largest number of posts.

Sellers may pass along the money to eBay, but it's the buyers who generate that money in the first place.

eBay knows what side its bread is buttered.

You always work for the one that pays you.  

Message 39 of 99
latest reply

If you feel that alphabetical order is inappropriate, then suggest more logical way.

Message 40 of 99
latest reply