Any hope for ebay.ca fixing the bug that wont let Canadian sellers ship Internationally

For two days I have been unable to a US shipping to my listings. Tried online chat and they said it was a bug and they are working on it. 

Anyone else having this same issue?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Any hope for ebay.ca fixing the bug that wont let Canadian sellers ship Internationally

No one else on the boards have complained about it.    Most of the time (but not all) shipping listing problems are caused by changing something that has inputted in the shipping section.  eBay customer service is not familiar with how Canadian shipping works so its usually best to check here first.

Is this for the suspension fork?   Right now the listing states shipping to Canada only.   What sort of problem are you having? Are you trying to use calculated shipping?  I notice that in your other listing you are using a flat rate and a non US service. If you are trying to use calculated shipping you would have to use a service that ships to the US such as Expedited Parcel USA

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Any hope for ebay.ca fixing the bug that wont let Canadian sellers ship Internationally

Thanks, but I am only trying to add US shipping service to my Canadian listing. I revise the item and select the US shipping and it doesn't add it. 

I spent a few hours yesterday trying many combinations of browsers, deleting the listing, revising, adding and no combination let me add the US shipping. Spent more time on chat with customer service and eventually they said it was a bug in the system and it would be corrected in the next 24 to 48 hours. I was hoping to add more listings but selling to only Canadians is pretty weak.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I just realised also that my two listings have two different "edit listing tool" screens. I just went to try and edit my other listing that Ive had up for months and has the US shipping option and it had the old listing form that prompted me to use the  new tool. Perhaps its still possible to use the old listing tool?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I don't think that it is possible to go back to the old listing form. If there is, there should be a link on the top right.  You might have to click on the 3 ...

Unfortunately, I've never used the new listing form but if you could show a couple of screenshots from the shipping area of the form when you are trying to add US shipping that help.  Hopefully someone who is using that form will see your post.

Are you trying to use calculated or flat rate shipping?

(off topic)  If you relist you might want to consider doing a 7 day auction.  3 days auctions charge you a surcharge. Plus, more people see your auction in 7 days than in 3.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I managed to change my settings to use the bulk listing tool. That changed all my listings to use the old revision tool which appears to work as my listing now has US shipping added. 

Sure would have saved me a lot of time if the support team could have suggested this.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks I didnt know about the surcharge on 3 day listings . 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately, I've never used the new listing form

Fortunately, I've never used the new listing form.

Fixed that for you.

@hangingweb 

I understand that if you have any templates they will not be changed to the terrible new selling form.

So if you can set up any listings with the older form, make a few templates from it.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hello!  I've had the same problem. I've lost a few sales and potentially lots of others I don't know about. I've spent hours on the phone with customer service and they also told me it would be corrected in 24 to 48 hours. Today I had a customer from Australia say he couldn't buy from me. I ship worldwide. I tried again to have it fixed but to no avail.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@hangingweb wrote:

I just realised also that my two listings have two different "edit listing tool" screens. I just went to try and edit my other listing that Ive had up for months and has the US shipping option and it had the old listing form that prompted me to use the  new tool. Perhaps its still possible to use the old listing tool?

There can also be issues if the services you are using don't match the recommended measurements...min's and max's. Also in some cases a service will be allowed but not display when customer attempts it with the attached calculator.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Make that old form into a template -- that should save the old form  for future use.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply