App changes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here we go again! There must be someone at eBay whose job it is to come up with ways to make things more difficult for everyone. It's the only way I can think of for there to be so many useless changes that are of no benefit to anyone and simply make things difficult.

Today the "sign out" button disappeared on the app. It was right there below the profile in the drop-down which made it simple and quick to sign out. I have two IDs, as I know others do as well, and need to switch between them. Now the "sign out" is buried in the settings. Why? Why even change it? It certainly didn't cost eBay anything to have it where it was. So, why change it? Why change the collectibles categories? Why make any of the changes that don't need to be made? It's change for the sake of change which is pointless and only creates frustration for those who are affected by it.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

App changes

@Anonymous wrote:
Here we go again! There must be someone at eBay whose job it is to come up with ways to make things more difficult for everyone. It's the only way I can think of for there to be so many useless changes that are of no benefit to anyone and simply make things difficult.

Today the "sign out" button disappeared on the app. It was right there below the profile in the drop-down which made it simple and quick to sign out. I have two IDs, as I know others do as well, and need to switch between them. Now the "sign out" is buried in the settings. Why? Why even change it? It certainly didn't cost eBay anything to have it where it was. So, why change it? Why change the collectibles categories? Why make any of the changes that don't need to be made? It's change for the sake of change which is pointless and only creates frustration for those who are affected by it.

Hello tyler@ebay 

Can you address these issues or send OP in correct direction? Thanks

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

App changes

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @Anonymous - 'why' questions are going to be difficult for me to address, but I can confirm that the Android version of the app was updated to move the sign out button to the Settings>Sign Out. I've made sure the app team is aware of your input on why this change was difficult, and the reasons you preferred the quicker sign out option. 

As to the category changes, those are part of a larger plan to make selling quicker and easier. Part of that process is to reduce the number of subcategories that exist, and instead using item specifics to help Buyers quickly filter for the items they are looking for (in addition to being incorporated into search results). 

I realize you disagree that this was necessary, but I did want to provide our position on why it was done. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

App changes

In the eBay iOS app, the sign out is in the Settings. But I only started using the app in January 2021. I list on a Windows 10 laptop but use the iPhone iOS app for taking and editing pictures then update drafts with the pictures.

Perhaps eBay was just standardizing the look and feel of the iOS and Android apps.

I have been buying and selling on eBay for many years. eBay has and is changing constantly and it is annoying and disruptive and more difficult. To minimize the frustration is to learn the changes and adapt. Easy to say but hard to do.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply