Book search is broken

I am having issues with the book category and it no longer allows me to narrow my search into categories such as fiction ,scifi,fantasy adventure or any other genre in the fiction section and this is the same in nonfiction or any other category .I can no longer do a proper book search at all. What has Ebay done to the book catagory and does anyone have issues similar to mine in different catagories ? It is very frustrating.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Book search is broken

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I don't sell books on this account.

It would be a pretty odd mix.

Hey...You never know? Your book on aphrodesiacs could draw buyers into your stamp listings. 😎  What's that expression? Curiousity killed the 🐱? If it causes more sales it's a good thing!!!

-Lotz

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Book search is broken

Utterly ridiculous. No children's category. Are you serious, ebay? Please fix this. Yes, I know that ebay doesn't monitor discussion boards, but they don't have a phone number or link with suggestions on the searches either as I'm sure they don't want them.  😞

Children's book sellers took a major hit with the new restructuring of book categories. Terrible! 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Book search is broken

Once you are in the books category, there is a genre section on the left side. You can click on childrens book there.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Book search is broken

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I used "Aphrodisiacs" because-- stop laughing. I actually have a book listed with that in the title.

But it did not turn up in Search although it is in my Active Listings. 

With how poorly eBay search is working for me as of late, if I typed in "Aphrodisiacs" with my luck I would get a bunch of search results for the hair style. I'm finding it similar to Cracker Jacks. A surprise in every box!!!

See one person's recent adventure into "How eBay Search works" and bonus comments!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Ev7ETpNOo

-Lotz

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Book search is broken

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 25 of 25
latest reply