Can we get notifications from the Community here? Also can we access it from the app?

Hello,

I just wondered if there was a way to get notifications from the community if someone replies/asks a question etc. I always get emails and/or notifications when selling or buying but never from the Community.

A few times someone has asked a question back from my reply and unless I check in manually I don't see it unless I come here to the community from my desktop computer. If there have been several posts afterwards it's so low down I don't even see it sometimes. Or it's so long ago I feel bad I didn't respond.

Also, I can't see anywhere on the app to come to the "Community". Am I missing something?

Just curious. I know there is a way to direct message someone (thanks to the fellow member who has responded to my questions that way!), but wondered if there was a general place to find replies.

Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can we get notifications from the Community here? Also can we access it from the app?

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @msau4301! No full eBay app integration yet (I keep hearing 'it's coming soon!' but here we are), but you can view it on a mobile browser!

There are email notifications, but they are set at a profile-level. 

If you hover your mouse over your profile picture and choose 'My Settings' there are two things you'll want to make sure to check:

My settings>Personal>Email: Make sure that the 'Don't send me any community emails' is unchecked

My settings>Subscriptions & Notifications>Notification Settings: Make sure the selections you're wanting are checked

If you make changes, remember to hit the blue 'Save' button at the bottom of the page!

tylerebay_0-1640189787342.png

tylerebay_1-1640189943349.png

tylerebay_2-1640190166288.png

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I think you need to come here to see the notifications...

...if I post, I always come back for a while to see if there are replies.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Okay, me too. I wasn't sure if I was missing something!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @msau4301! No full eBay app integration yet (I keep hearing 'it's coming soon!' but here we are), but you can view it on a mobile browser!

There are email notifications, but they are set at a profile-level. 

If you hover your mouse over your profile picture and choose 'My Settings' there are two things you'll want to make sure to check:

My settings>Personal>Email: Make sure that the 'Don't send me any community emails' is unchecked

My settings>Subscriptions & Notifications>Notification Settings: Make sure the selections you're wanting are checked

If you make changes, remember to hit the blue 'Save' button at the bottom of the page!

tylerebay_0-1640189787342.png

tylerebay_1-1640189943349.png

tylerebay_2-1640190166288.png

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Wow! I've never seen this section. I'll have to take a look! Thanks Tyler!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Glad I could help out @msau4301 - if you check and your profile options are set properly will you let me know? There are very rarely times where we have to refresh the email 'routing' paths. We haven't had to do it in a few years, so it may be that, but I don't want to jump to conclusions quite yet. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@msau4301 

Another way that "will" work is from the dropdown by the timestamp. You can subscibe, bookmark,  subscribe to RSS feeds to  get notifications. That's how i have done it on the dot com board. To my eye how the dot ca board works and how dot com works seem to not mirror exactly.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Wow I never noticed that little arrow before. Bookmark would be handy too as I've seen some very helpful stuff on here!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I did go in and check my settings. (Was all as you explained.) The "Don't send an email part is NOT checked off (so okay there).

The Notification Section looks exactly as the screen shot you showed me here but I could not find an option for anything like "let me know if my comment was replied to" or something like that. So I've left it as the default had it for now.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@msau4301 - did you get an email with this just now? 

Currently the community defaults to emailing you when you're at-mentioned (as above), or if you have subscribed to the thread or board:

tylerebay_1-1640280810274.png

If you are starting a topic, you can also check the box to 'Email me when someone replies' as you're creating it, which should send an email every time there's a reply to the thread:

tylerebay_0-1640280766649.png

Let me know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Tyler I did get your "tyler mentioned you" email notification - I've always got those (though they sometimes go to the junk folder) but I don't get the "replies". I will try looking for the last two you've shown here.

Thanks again and have a very Merry Christmas!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply