How do I file a complaint against eBay's customer service?

I've been a member since 2002. All went relatively smoothly since. Then it turned into a real nightmare.

Couple weeks ago, a guy opened a case saying the item I shipped wasn't as described. We disagreed. It escalated to a claim with the customer service.

But the person handle it so horribly, without asking any questions and without hearing BOTH sides, he closed the case within 24 hours. I apealed. He closed the appeal without even looking at it apparrently.

I truly think this deserve a conversation with his bosses. How can I escalated this since the case was abrutly closed?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How do I file a complaint against eBay's customer service?

Are you sure you were dealing with the same rep both times?

Generally speaking, a seller cannot be triumphant in a NAD case.

No returns does not mean No Refunds.

If you accept the return, and perhaps pay for the return, you have the (in your opinion properly described) item back and available for resale.

That's a win.

If you refuse the return, you will still be refunding and will have a Defect on your selling account. And the buyer keeps the disputed item.

That's a lose.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

They were following current eBay policy.  Once a buyer files an item as not described claim, eBay expects us to accept the return and then refund or just refund without a return.  They will not listen to each person’s point of view or ‘evidence’ as they want buyers to get their money back if they weren’t happy.  

I can understand why in some cases they don’t want to make a decision in a ‘he said, she said’ situation but I don’t think that they should handle all cases in the same way. But that’s how they do things these days so It’s unlikely that they would agree that customer service handled your case poorly.

In some cases a seller may be able to hold back a portion of the refund if the item comes back damaged.

some cases we can hold back some of the refund if the item is damaged 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Problem is, the buyer tried to fix it himself. It is useless now. And he wanted me to pay for his mess.
And this eBay employee thinks I'm responsible.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Too late, they already debited my PayPal account and issued full refund !!
This is totsally insane. Buyers can abuse that privilege (and this is exactly what this dude did). And sellers are litterally paying for it.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Before you got the item returned?  Because you might be able to recoup some of your loss by selling it "AS IS /not working/ for parts".

You could also show that the item was not returned in the same condition it was sent.

But if you don't have it (or the money)....

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Go to the Better Business Bureau as that is what the question was I believe but no one actually replied
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 8 of 8
latest reply