Inconsistency in Shipping Options

When listing there are times when the shipping options don't show correctly.  For instance, a 3 kg parcel that is 40 cm x 24 cm x 11cm won't show Canada Post Expedited Parcel US as an option.   I've even had issues selecting Expedited Parcel under domestic.   You can try later and sometimes it is there to select.   I'm wondering how this is impacting the listing view to customers.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

That's odd that it would not show expedited USA for a parcel with those dimensions as they are above the CP posted minimum dimensions for that service.  If you list an item using dimensions below their minimum dimensions or above the maximum, the eBay calculator and eBay shipping will not show you the option for that service.  The minimum and maximum requirements are on these links.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/parcel-services-us-international/size...

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/parcel-services-shipping-in-canada/si...

Note that the minimum for Expedited USA and Expedited within Canada are different

However, you can get a label at the post office or print a  label on Shippo and Snapship if the parcel dimensions are smaller than the minimum but those dimensions will not work on ebay. I don't know why CP doesnt actually follow their published minimun sizes but ebay does use them. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Definitely some issues in the calculator or new listing tool.   As a work around, I lowered the shipping weight to 2kg and selected Canada Post Expedited Parcel US and then adjusted the weight back to 3kg.  It appears to have worked.  Hopefully this is not impacting the buyer's experience.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

it really hurts the Canadian sellers alot. ever since they went to the new systemthe work has increased for the sellers. we have started to place some flat rate shipping cost on our Small tracked packet items to pass the savings on to the seller to try to increas or even maintain our us customers. I really this E BAy is trying to block out Canadain sellers in selling in the US. making it harder and harder.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You do have a Solutions for Small Business account with Canada Post, right? To my thinking, Expedited is a service that is only available to SfSB account holders.

EXpedited Canada is the same cost as Regular Parcel, but is a little faster.  Expedited USA is the same speed as Tracked Parcel, but is a little more expensive.

Buyers see the counter rates for our chosen services, but we may have discounts that are not seen by our customers.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

As you note customers should be seeing counter rates (without discount) which would not include expedited....Except that that option(Expedited) does display if a seller offers it. Sounds a bit contradictory. If you use the CP calculator (not signed in) expedited is missing. It's worked this way for years.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@vtwinparts2015 wrote:

it really hurts the Canadian sellers alot. ever since they went to the new systemthe work has increased for the sellers. we have started to place some flat rate shipping cost on our Small tracked packet items to pass the savings on to the seller to try to increas or even maintain our us customers. I really this E BAy is trying to block out Canadain sellers in selling in the US. making it harder and harder.

I'm not sure what you mean. The new listing form is slightly different but why would the form make you change what you charge your buyer? That part should not be any different?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply