Item views at 0

I've always been able to see the number of viewers of the items that I post.  I only post a few items at a time, but now the view number is 0 on my items.  Is anyone else having this issue, and do you know why it is happening.

Thanks so much for any information you may be able to share with me

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Item views at 0

@guinness_girl67 wrote:

I've always been able to see the number of viewers of the items that I post.  I only post a few items at a time, but now the view number is 0 on my items.  Is anyone else having this issue, and do you know why it is happening.

Thanks so much for any information you may be able to share with me

Due to a recent change views are now shown for 30 days.  If you click on icon it will give you more options to view in detail. Not better but what we have. (Supposed to be actual views vs misc. bot views)

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/news/seller-updates/2022-spring/index.html

-Lotz

It's explained in more detail in the recent spring announcement.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Item views at 0

As lotz has said (and linked) there have been changes to make views shown more current. And as lotz' link shows more changes coming tomorrow (May 17th!) Sigh.

For myself I post auctions weekly (well every 5 days) so most of mine never hit the 30 day mark so I wouldn't have thought it would make much difference BUT I have still noticed a big drop. Normally I would have at least a few views within an hour (some times minutes!) of posting a new auction. I noticed last group there was a delay...almost no views/activity for a day or so. I questioned if they were lost in limbo somewhere, it's almost like there was a delay in it showing up?? I was getting discouraged but noticed after a day or so the numbers creeped back up and I got some bidders but it was like there was a delay....could be coincidence...could be changes glitching stuff!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Item views at 0

Viewers view.

Watchers watch.

Buyers buy.

Seeing that I have a thousand views on an item that has been listed for a couple of years, just tells me that no one has bought it in all that time.

Seeing that I have a thousand views on a newly listed item, just tells me that no one has bought it but the title or possibly Item Specifics are good. But no one bought it.

The longer period does give me the advantage of seeing that there is something "off" about my listing. Or that it is time to change the price . Or add Promoted Listing. Or drop it entirely.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Item views at 0

I am not sure yet how I feel about this change.  It does give a better snapshot of how many people are looking at your listing in the recent past rather than bots.  Probably in the long run I will like it.  I think that with this change in views I may have to do some adjustments. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Item views at 0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not liking the change either, i tend to use the veiws to decide whether its time to ditch the item.

30 days does not give enough insight into to sales potential since it takes 30days for new listings to get picked by google etc. shakes head I cant even get my head wrapped around why ? 

IF IT ISNT BROKEN DONT FIX IT!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Item views at 0

tiemp8
Community Member
I'm having the same issue, my items are not getting any views. I understand that due to the changes, its only showing last 30 days, but even with new listings since the change, items that usually get at least a few views within minutes of posting, are still at 0 after a few days. And haven't made any sales in that time either. It's like my items are being buried or not viewable. It's really frustrating. Someone above mentioned something similar but in their case the views started to gradually increase after a few days, I hope that happens with mine too, being stuck at 0 really sucks.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Item views at 0

items that usually get at least a few views within minutes of posting, are still at 0 after a few days.

One of the "views" that were blocked by eBay were bot views.

I'm not sure how those work, but I'd assume that no human was seeing those views.

And I am sure than bots don't buy.

There also seems to be a lag in showing views, based on reports, recent ones after these changes, that items are selling without any views. Which doesn't make sense unless there is a lag in showing views.

Most important, how are your sales compared to May 2019? May 2018?  Although 2020 and 2021 are generally considered outliers due to the pandemic surge in online sales, those could also be considered with caution.

Viewers view.

Watchers watch.

Buyers...... buy.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply