Page views

I haven't been on eBay in a while. When I did post an item for auction I did notice some considerably changes. And I wasn't very impressed with the new format. In particular, when I go to my auction page there is no way to look at the number of views from members. It used to be so easy to keep track. Now there is step after step after step to see how many views I have. This is more complicated than I bargained for. And when I do find a way to see the number of views it shows it for a 30 day period. Ebay, please go back to the old format. Just too many changes that don't make any sense and makes it more difficult to be a member.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Page views

Views are depressing.

Every View is someone who didn't buy.

You should know that eBay has stopped counting Views from bots (including their own bots monitoring for problems). 

This doesn't mean they have blocked those bots, just that because they are not potential customers there is no point in showing them.

And again, if something got 100 views two years ago and none since then, how useful is that View count?

, when I go to my auction page there is no way to look at the number of views from members.

Go to-> My eBay  (top of most pages)

Go to-> Selling

Go to -> Active Listings

Go to-> Views.

I think you can move the columns around, but on my Active list it's the ninth column from the left of 14 columns.

Personally I think this is easier than opening each listing to see the Views, but YMMV.

You may find it useful to know that less than 15% of listings are now auctions, and that many of those opt for Buy It Now or Best Offer, because buyers can't be bothered with Auctions these days.
If you know the market for your products and know what you need to get for them use Fixed Price and if you are nervous about UIDs (which are ten times more common with Auctions) add Immediate Payment Required.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply