Unable to print ebay shipping label

I have been using ebay's shipping labels lately & has been great. As you are probably aware, ebay has had a special promotion for the month of Sept. 2023 which created even more savings, especially when sending to the USA from Canada. However, my last attempt has not worked for 2 days. I get the prompt "Unable to generate shipping label, something is wrong, try again later". I've triple checked everything, there are no highlights on the form to indicate a wrong entry. The savings for me using ebay labels was $13.68 which I passed on to my buyer. Now as per my agreement, I have to ship out today & I'll have to use Canada Post & lose money on the transaction. Canada Post cost is $26.70 as opposed to ebay's charge of $13.02. Very frustrating - anyone have any suggestions or is it just another ebay screw-up?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This is why I do not "automatically" pass the savings on to the customer, charge the regular rates, and refund shipping discounts "after the fact" when the shipping label is printed and I know precisely what eBay charged me for their special rates that day, hour or minute...

...the issue is the total weight field, when you reduce or change it you get this error. It has been going on for weeks and weeks, typical eBay.

Change no weight and you will be able to print the label, I use my Canada Post Account when I get this error.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hey there. Same issue I am having....do you mean take out the total weight in that field and then try and print?

This is getting ridiculous lol!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@davicol46 

@momdbathome 

I haven't had a problem when I changed the weight.  

There is another thread about the problem and a poster said they solved the problem by using the bulk label option.  You can use it even if you have just one label.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Same here. Unable to print labels. Sales have been down for about 3 months. Now finally sell 2 items in a row and can't print labels with the discount. Nice of ebay to offer us this promotion but only if it works. If you have to physically go to CP and ship you won't see this. Frustrating.

I think buyers should be able to see the shipping costs from their end also. It might generate more sales. Wish they would get these things together. 

I called ebay and they said the problem would be fix within 48 hours. Well now its about 38 hours and no result so far. Will try as one person suggested below. Try bulk labels see if get better result with that. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply