eBay.CA is giving me lots of errors

Search gives random errors.

Clicking on items found in a search returns an error message that the item can not be found.

Attempting to check on items purchased or sold gives me an error message.

*sigh*   Ralph must be visiting....

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hey there @ypdc_dennis is it happening on other browsers too? 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

jasmen@ebayIt was happening for everyone starting at about 2:20am last night. Lasted about 20 minutes. Check twitter mentions of ebay around that time, everyone was experiencing it.

I don't know if you guys were doing maintenance or something, but you really need a better system of letting people know when you are doing maintenance on the site, because everyone's numbers/statistics/etc went to zero during this short timeframe, so we all thought we'd been permanently suspended or something.

A buyer was in the middle of purchasing from me while this was going on, and I think because of the glitch I might've been double-charged a final-value fee, but I'm not 100% sure yet and still looking into it.

Not a fun experience...

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

eBay.ca is back to normal.

I'm going to assume temporary ebay computer network problems.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

kemcn1880
Community Member

I'm not a frequent buyer on any online site, but I do have an ebay account from years ago. I started looking for antique dining wheels last week and yesterday decided to buy them. Couldn't get in. Today, I thought I'd ask the seller a question and still can't get in. I can see my name beside 'sign in' which I have tried multiple times. 

i have been looking for exactly what "lincslibrary" has, off and on, for about five years!  How do I move forward?!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

kemcn1880
Community Member

This is not my 'normal' account name either? Or, do we not use our email addresses as identifiers maybe?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@kemcn1880 wrote:

This is not my 'normal' account name either? Or, do we not use our email addresses as identifiers maybe?

eBay eliminated the use of email addresses for eBay IDs eons ago, but you should still be able to use the email address associated with your account to log in.  Are you sure you're using the correct email address associated with your eBay account to log in?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the info! Yes, it is the correct email/password, was just in eBay a few days ago....

Will keep trying, thanks again for your help!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply