eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay 

Here are known concerns/issues that I am aware of when using eBay Labels:

1. No receipt with breakdown of fees. (Status unknown)
  2. Being able to to show buyers either Counter rates or Level 4 discount. (Status - WIP as per @reallynicestamps )
  3. Customs form country of origin defaulting to Province/Canada vs correctly inputted info by seller
  4. Customs form defaulting to net weight matching parcel weight after seller has updated correctly when printing.  (Net weight is item info. Package weight includes box & packaging)
  5. Missing shipping options: Mailing tube option. As per CP charge for Signature may vary slightly compared to what shows with eBay Labels*)
  6. No procedure in place for late, lost or damaged (Taking into consideration any labels created are under an eBay account number.
  7. eBay Labels is missing a dedicated input field to show VAT has been prepaid. Risks buyer being charged twice.
  8. From my testing there is no way to update VAT total charged if a credit is given to buyer for shipment. VAT is based on total including item price and shipping. What the customer is charged for VAT should be identical to what shows on the packing slip. For buyers reference and customs purposes. 
  9. From my understanding there is no procedure within eBay for a buyer to reclaim taxes/VAT/GST for returns or non received items because no physical receipt is received by buyer. (Unless it is collected at time of receipt of goods when goods are ready for pick up by buyer)
  10. eBay Labels is missing field for a valid email address(not generic eBay email address). Required if there are issues with final delivery/claims and as per notes on International postal websites.
  11. No option to mark shipment dispose or returned for items not deliverable. (Included with Shippo)
  12. New limit of 100.00 Insurance included. (Confirm status - still included or not/rate per 100 should match 2.50 per hundred based on CP limits and service.)
  13. eBay Label discounts do not 100% match as per eBay announcement.
  14. Lag time/inconsistencies with label charges. Charges do NOT always get removed from pending/processing but instead get removed from a sellers CC or Bank Account. Made more difficult because there no way to keep a balance to cover delayed billing for eBay accessorial fees. (Was NEVER an issue with PayPal.) 
  15. Measurements (lxwxh) missing on label. Should in theory show actual & cubed billable weight when applicable) for sellers reference for auditing/re-billing issues after the fact. 
  16. eBay Labels advising shipper that Small Packet Air USA/Intl are cubing based when they are not as per CP.  (For USA/Intl tracked @dinomitesales can you confirm?) Thanks.
  17. Lastly and totally forgotten in all this there is limited in the way to ease processing for claims within eBay Labels. This takes 2 parties to accomplish with reliable methods of both parties being able to communicate. In most cases claims have to be initiated by shipper(seller) with cooperation from buyer. Made messier when there is middle party involved like with EIS. Put a different way the seller needs to be fully refunded for actual shipping paid and  buyer needs to be fully reimbursed for shipping billed/and or VAT collected in these situations.

If anyone is aware of additional concerns, please add on. Most critical these items are resolved sooner versus than later.

-Lotz

PS. I have passed on the more major concerns to the official eBay tech addy  as discovered but messages bounce back as undeliverable. Not super helpful.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

eBay Label Concerns

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay 

2. Being able to to show buyers either Counter rates or Level 4 discount. (Status - WIP as per @reallynicestamps )
  3. Customs form country of origin defaulting to Province/Canada vs correctly inputted info by seller
  4. Customs form defaulting to net weight matching parcel weight after seller has updated correctly when printing.  (Net weight is item info. Package weight includes box & packaging)
  5. Missing shipping options: Mailing tube option. As per CP charge for Signature may vary slightly compared to what shows with eBay Labels*)
  6. No procedure in place for late, lost or damaged (Taking into consideration any labels created are under an eBay account number.
  7. eBay Labels is missing a dedicated input field to show VAT has been prepaid. Risks buyer being charged twice.
  8. From my testing there is no way to update VAT total charged if a credit is given to buyer for shipment. VAT is based on total including item price and shipping. What the customer is charged for VAT should be identical to what shows on the packing slip. For buyers reference and customs purposes. 
  9. From my understanding there is no procedure within eBay for a buyer to reclaim taxes/VAT/GST for returns or non received items because no physical receipt is received by buyer. (Unless it is collected at time of receipt of goods when goods are ready for pick up by buyer)
  10. eBay Labels is missing field for a valid email address(not generic eBay email address). Required if there are issues with final delivery/claims and as per notes on International postal websites.
  11. No option to mark shipment dispose or returned for items not deliverable. (Included with Shippo)
  12. New limit of 100.00 Insurance included. (Confirm status - still included or not/rate per 100 should match 2.50 per hundred based on CP limits and service.)
  14. Lag time/inconsistencies with label charges. Charges do NOT always get removed from pending/processing but instead get removed from a sellers CC or Bank Account. Made more difficult because there no way to keep a balance to cover delayed billing for eBay accessorial fees. (Was NEVER an issue with PayPal.) 
  15. Measurements (lxwxh) missing on label. Should in theory show actual & cubed billable weight when applicable) for sellers reference for auditing/re-billing issues after the fact. 
  16. eBay Labels advising shipper that Small Packet Air USA/Intl are cubing based when they are not as per CP.  (For USA/Intl tracked @dinomitesales can you confirm?) Thanks.
  17. Lastly and totally forgotten in all this there is limited in the way to ease processing for claims within eBay Labels. This takes 2 parties to accomplish with reliable methods of both parties being able to communicate. In most cases claims have to be initiated by shipper(seller) with cooperation from buyer. Made messier when there is middle party involved like with EIS. Put a different way the seller needs to be fully refunded for actual shipping paid and  buyer needs to be fully reimbursed for shipping billed/and or VAT collected in these situations.

If anyone is aware of additional concerns, please add on. Most critical these items are resolved sooner versus than later.

-Lotz

PS. I have passed on the more major concerns to the official eBay tech addy  as discovered but messages bounce back as undeliverable. Not super helpful.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thank you for all of this feedback and I will be sure to have this sent over to the correct team to be looked over. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thank you for all of this feedback and I will be sure to have this sent over to the correct team to be looked over. 

devon@ebay 

Appologies. 1 slipped my mind. Indirectly connected.

18. When you create a listing if you fill in weights and measurements in advance of selecting shipping options eBay omits services as selectable choices. As a test I tried to add Expedited Lite for a qualifying listing. Because the weight was pre filled i was unable to add. Remove the measurements and that option appears. This was spotted/diagnosed/reported several months ago but has not been fixed.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay 

2. No receipt with breakdown of fees. (Status unknown)
  3. Being able to to show buyers either Counter rates or Level 4 discount. (Status - WIP as per @reallynicestamps )
  4. Customs form country of origin defaulting to Province/Canada vs correctly inputted info by seller
  5. Customs form defaulting to net weight matching parcel weight after seller has updated correctly when printing.  (Net weight is item info. Package weight includes box & packaging)
  6. Missing shipping options: Mailing tube option. As per CP charge for Signature may vary slightly compared to what shows with eBay Labels*)
  7. No procedure in place for late, lost or damaged (Taking into consideration any labels created are under an eBay account number.
  8. eBay Labels is missing a dedicated input field to show VAT has been prepaid. Risks buyer being charged twice.
  9. From my testing there is no way to update VAT total charged if a credit is given to buyer for shipment. VAT is based on total including item price and shipping. What the customer is charged for VAT should be identical to what shows on the packing slip. For buyers reference and customs purposes. 
  10. From my understanding there is no procedure within eBay for a buyer to reclaim taxes/VAT/GST for returns or non received items because no physical receipt is received by buyer. (Unless it is collected at time of receipt of goods when goods are ready for pick up by buyer)
  11. eBay Labels is missing field for a valid email address(not generic eBay email address). Required if there are issues with final delivery/claims and as per notes on International postal websites.
  12. No option to mark shipment dispose or returned for items not deliverable. (Included with Shippo)
  13. New limit of 100.00 Insurance included. (Confirm status - still included or not/rate per 100 should match 2.50 per hundred based on CP limits and service.)
  14. eBay Label discounts do not 100% match as per eBay announcement.
  15. Lag time/inconsistencies with label charges. Charges do NOT always get removed from pending/processing but instead get removed from a sellers CC or Bank Account. Made more difficult because there no way to keep a balance to cover delayed billing for eBay accessorial fees. (Was NEVER an issue with PayPal.) 
  16. Measurements (lxwxh) missing on label. Should in theory show actual & cubed billable weight when applicable) for sellers reference for auditing/re-billing issues after the fact. 
  17. eBay Labels advising shipper that Small Packet Air USA/Intl are cubing based when they are not as per CP.  (For USA/Intl tracked @dinomitesales can you confirm?) Thanks.
  18. Lastly and totally forgotten in all this there is limited in the way to ease processing for claims within eBay Labels. This takes 2 parties to accomplish with reliable methods of both parties being able to communicate. In most cases claims have to be initiated by shipper(seller) with cooperation from buyer. Made messier when there is middle party involved like with EIS. Put a different way the seller needs to be fully refunded for actual shipping paid and  buyer needs to be fully reimbursed for shipping billed/and or VAT collected in these situations.

-Lotz

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

devon@ebay 

Re: Item 12: Insurance

Only options now displaying is Signature service at 2.00 with eBay Labels

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1687566209476.png

Canada Post options

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1687566392820.png

The options should mirror 100% between CP and eBay Labels.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hello devon@ebay 

Do you have a status update on any of the above issues? Printing labels is something sellers do daily so these issues require IMMEDIATE attention.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hello devon@ebay 

Do you have a status update on any of the above issues? Printing labels is something sellers do daily so these issues require IMMEDIATE attention.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I have not heard anything back yet on this and I will bump this up again to the Shipping team. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay 

3. Being able to to show buyers either Counter rates or Level 4 discount. (Status - WIP as per @reallynicestamps )
  4. Customs form country of origin defaulting to Province/Canada vs correctly inputted info by seller
  5. Customs form defaulting to net weight matching parcel weight after seller has updated correctly when printing.  (Net weight is item info. Package weight includes box & packaging)
  6. Missing shipping options: Mailing tube option. As per CP charge for Signature may vary slightly compared to what shows with eBay Labels*)
  7. No procedure in place for late, lost or damaged (Taking into consideration any labels created are under an eBay account number.
  8. eBay Labels is missing a dedicated input field to show VAT has been prepaid. Risks buyer being charged twice.
  9. From my testing there is no way to update VAT total charged if a credit is given to buyer for shipment. VAT is based on total including item price and shipping. What the customer is charged for VAT should be identical to what shows on the packing slip. For buyers reference and customs purposes. 
  10. From my understanding there is no procedure within eBay for a buyer to reclaim taxes/VAT/GST for returns or non received items because no physical receipt is received by buyer. (Unless it is collected at time of receipt of goods when goods are ready for pick up by buyer)
  11. eBay Labels is missing field for a valid email address(not generic eBay email address). Required if there are issues with final delivery/claims and as per notes on International postal websites.
  12. No option to mark shipment dispose or returned for items not deliverable. (Included with Shippo)
  13. New limit of 100.00 Insurance included. (Confirm status - still included or not/rate per 100 should match 2.50 per hundred based on CP limits and service.)
  15. Lag time/inconsistencies with label charges. Charges do NOT always get removed from pending/processing but instead get removed from a sellers CC or Bank Account. Made more difficult because there no way to keep a balance to cover delayed billing for eBay accessorial fees. (Was NEVER an issue with PayPal.) 
  16. Measurements (lxwxh) missing on label. Should in theory show actual & cubed billable weight when applicable) for sellers reference for auditing/re-billing issues after the fact. 
  17. eBay Labels advising shipper that Small Packet Air USA/Intl are cubing based when they are not as per CP.  (For USA/Intl tracked @dinomitesales can you confirm?) Thanks.
  18. Lastly and totally forgotten in all this there is limited in the way to ease processing for claims within eBay Labels. This takes 2 parties to accomplish with reliable methods of both parties being able to communicate. In most cases claims have to be initiated by shipper(seller) with cooperation from buyer. Made messier when there is middle party involved like with EIS. Put a different way the seller needs to be fully refunded for actual shipping paid and  buyer needs to be fully reimbursed for shipping billed/and or VAT collected in these situations.

-Lotz

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

devon@ebay 

Canada Post options

-Lotz

devon@ebay 

Along with incorrectly changing what the seller fills in for origin of goods (country of manufacture) to Can/Province eBay labels is also updating weight of goods field to the ship weight. 2 different amounts. Improper procedure for customs purposes. It is very important to understand that a customs document is a legal document that the seller is signing their name to. It needs to be accurate and factual.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

devon@ebay 

Canada Post options

-Lotz

devon@ebay 

Along with incorrectly changing what the seller fills in for origin of goods (country of manufacture) to Can/Province eBay labels is also updating weight of goods field to the ship weight. 2 different amounts. Improper procedure for customs purposes. It is very important to understand that a customs document is a legal document that the seller is signing their name to. It needs to be accurate and factual.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

devon@ebay 

Additional observations made recently for eBay shipping.

When  you create a listing if you choose multiple listing options out of order eBay will hide those options from the buyer. They will/should be available and display when the item sells.

Example 1 : USA Small Packet air/ Intl Small Packet Air/ Intl Tracked/USA Tracked/USA Expedited

What displays: USA Small Packet Air/ Intl Air/Intl Tracked

Missing: USA Tracked/USA Expedited

If a seller attempts to add additional shipping options (to a previously created listing) with the APP they are unable to. Those shipping options have to be added using a PC/Tablet. Functions like these should always be available.

-Lotz

Example 2

Correct order: 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay 

I've passed this on in the past as an important  requirement but seemed to go nowhere. Here is an official follow up regarding the issue directly from Shippo. 

Starting July 31, 2023, USPS will make Sender Email and Phone Number required fields when creating a label. Failure to provide these fields could disrupt label purchases with USPS.

To continue purchasing labels without disruption, we recommend adding an email and phone number to your default sender address in settings.

The same information is posted with Intl. postal websites like Royal Mail in the UK and Deutche Post in Germany for the sender.  Valid phone numbers(sender & receiver) and REAL email addresses have been a courier requirement for years. eBay addy's are not as reliable due to the fact that many buyers and sellers have customized their settings for what makes it through. Without having valid phone numbers/addy's it can potentially delay shiments if there are issues. The same requirement would be applicable to Canadapost.

Please forward to the correct department for speedy addressing of this issue.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

Trying to delete my comment. Apparently impossible.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay 

I've passed this on in the past as an important  requirement but seemed to go nowhere. Here is an official follow up regarding the issue directly from Shippo. 

Starting July 31, 2023, USPS will make Sender Email and Phone Number required fields when creating a label. Failure to provide these fields could disrupt label purchases with USPS.

To continue purchasing labels without disruption, we recommend adding an email and phone number to your default sender address in settings.

The same information is posted with Intl. postal websites like Royal Mail in the UK and Deutche Post in Germany for the sender.  Valid phone numbers(sender & receiver) and REAL email addresses have been a courier requirement for years. eBay addy's are not as reliable due to the fact that many buyers and sellers have customized their settings for what makes it through. Without having valid phone numbers/addy's it can potentially delay shiments if there are issues. The same requirement would be applicable to Canadapost.

Please forward to the correct department for speedy addressing of this issue.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I got this sent over to them a few days ago and if there is anything that can be shared from my side I will be sure to let you know. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hello devon@ebay 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I have not heard anything back yet on this and I will bump this up again to the Shipping team. 

devon@ebay 

Hello Devon,

As per a dot com post this feature was recently added to the US site. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1694099207957.png

with the following link.... available in settings. 

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf/carrier

lotzofuniquegoodies_4-1694100003531.png

How the link displays on ca. Notice the distinct difference.

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1694099414821.png

Clicking on the Offer custom discounts to buyer tab displays these options. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_3-1694099533788.png

Unfortunately this has NEVER worked on for Canadian sellers due to the fact that the discount varies for every service. We also need to factor in variable fuel surcharge and Canadian tax. Sellers need the option to choose either the eBay Level 4 CP discount or the other levels if they purchase labels through other sources.  Whichever works best for them. A %, in majority of cases would be very inaccurate to offer. From how I understand it on dot com it only applies UPS but I may be incorrect on this. From a Canadian perspective we would need access to Canadapost, UPS & Fedex discounts in play. I am not seeing a tab to correctly select. 

Is eBay programming aware of the discrepancy on settings and do we have a timeframe to have this corrected?

Lastly when important modifications such as these are made there seems to be nothing in the way of an announcement. Especially on ca.  I was only able to locate this info by doing a scan of new discussion posts on dot com or I would never have discovered. 

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

In checking the dot com seller setting it does give the option to choose/apply to the US services...UPS/USPS/Fedex. That step has been missed on ca. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1694103031710.png

-Lotz

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hello devon@ebay 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

devon@ebay 

Hello Devon,

As per a dot com post this feature was recently added to the US site. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1694099207957.png

with the following link.... available in settings. 

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf/carrier

lotzofuniquegoodies_4-1694100003531.png

How the link displays on ca. Notice the distinct difference.

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1694099414821.png

Clicking on the Offer custom discounts to buyer tab displays these options. 

lotzofuniquegoodies_3-1694099533788.png

Unfortunately this has NEVER worked on for Canadian sellers due to the fact that the discount varies for every service. We also need to factor in variable fuel surcharge and Canadian tax. Sellers need the option to choose either the eBay Level 4 CP discount or the other levels if they purchase labels through other sources.  Whichever works best for them. A %, in majority of cases would be very inaccurate to offer. From how I understand it on dot com it only applies UPS but I may be incorrect on this. From a Canadian perspective we would need access to Canadapost, UPS & Fedex discounts in play. I am not seeing a tab to correctly select. 

Is eBay programming aware of the discrepancy on settings and do we have a timeframe to have this corrected?

Lastly when important modifications such as these are made there seems to be nothing in the way of an announcement. Especially on ca.  I was only able to locate this info by doing a scan of new discussion posts on dot com or I would never have discovered. 

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Let me have this share with a few different teams and see if there is anything I can share with you from them. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

I've had international shipping turned off due to the customs forms issues, but I sent one out today after being contacted by a buyer from the States. I can confirm that the country of origin is STILL being changed from what we enter to Canada / our province.  For crying out loud, this is an international legal document. We can't even see that the changes have been made until after we've submitted the (correct) information and paid for the label.

devon@ebay 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

eBay Label Concerns

devon@ebay

using/listing/selling/shipping/purchasing labels on the ebay.CA site for the past few years has been absolutely the most horrible of all the selling sites I have ever used over the past 20 years and eBay ought to be ashamed.The lip service/the disregard for sellers here/the ignore it and maybe we'll forget about it attitude stinks>  Get rid of .CA or FIX it!

Message 16 of 16
latest reply