How do I get my money back from a seller?

My husband wouldn't use Paypal, so now the seller has both the good and the money. I can't contact ebay for help as they seem to have washed their hands of buyers.
Can anyone tell me what to do now?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You have only 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery* to open an Item Not Received dispute with eBay.

If you allow that date to pass, eBay will not help.

You went to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page, right?

Phoning is kinda useless. The bots in the Resolution Centre are faster and more accurate.

Ignore the suggestion that you Contact the Seller. Apparently you have already done that. Ask eBay to step in within the Dispute and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If you paid with a credit card, you can phone the 1-800 number on the card and ask Customer Service about a chargeback. Have all your dates, payments, currency used, transaction numbers to help her with your refund.

Credit card companies vary in their Buyer Protection policies.

Just to annoy the husband: Paypal offers 180 days of coverage from the date of payment and have all the pertinent information about most transactions on file.

*Or actual delivery date.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Thank you, reallynicestamps.
He phoned the card number, they said it was paid via Paypal, transferred him to Paypal who asked if it was an Ebay purchase, then transferred him to Ebay. A very pleasant woman took all the details and said she had opened a claim. If it is not settled in 4 days we can escalate it via a link she sent.

Now why can't they make all that available and simple on Ebay's website?

Thank you for your help....we now hold our breath for 4 days.

Well, actually, they do.
The mistake was phoning.
The Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page is automated and simple.
You open a Dispute.
Then if the seller cannot prove delivery, or does not refund promptly, you are refunded by eBay which goes after the seller for their money.
Getting people involved is much more complicated and usually leads to delays and incorrect information.

But it's even faster if you use Paypal backed with a credit card.
Then you have three levels of Buyer Protection.

Ask a Question