Is there an email to get a hold of ebay cause they won't call me

I can't get a hold of eBay.  I don't have time to wait on the phone because I am at work, so I clicked "call me" and it said 17 minute wait.  I am now on the next day and they still haven't called me.  Is there an email address for eBay that I can leave a message at?  I cannot seem to find one anywhere.

I bought a bunch of items at Canadian Prices but on my credit card they are all different amounts.  That is not fair, if I order an item at the Canadian amount they list, then that is what they should be charging me. 

Who can I talk to about this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

@destinyhopedream wrote:
...I bought a bunch of items at Canadian Prices but on my credit card they are all different amounts.  That is not fair, if I order an item at the Canadian amount they list, then that is what they should be charging me.

You are a victim of eBay's dumbing down of the website.

It used to be if you bought something eBay would display the currency it was sold in (US$, Cdn$, euros, whatever) and an approximate Canadian value.  Now ebay displays the purchase using the approximate value (and hides the real cost).

The only time that displayed value is actually correct is if you bought from a seller listing in Canadian dollars on either eBay.ca or cafr.ebay.ca  -- no conversion involved.

You have to go to the actual full listing to see what currency you are being charged -- that will be the amount your credit card will convert to Canadian dollars (based on the exchange rate when the transaction is processed and includes a conversion fee -- most Canadian bank credit cards take an extra 2.5%).

If you want to bring up this issue with real eBay employees, check out the weekly chat forum: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/bd-p/23000000073

-..-

If you want to avoid currency conversion, search for items LOCATED in CANADA and listed in CAD. The CAD will show as being bold but not italics

CAD:

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 1.01.50 PM.png

Not CAD. Currency conversion fees will apply:

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 1.01.57 PM.png

Are you familiar with the term 'foreign exchange'?

Basically the value of the loonie varies from day to day.

In big money markets, that is actually several times an hour and sometimes even several times a minute. It's how currency traders like my nephew in London coud afford a chalet in Banff before turning 30.

If you buy on eBay Canada, all prices are displayed in loonies.

But.

The item may have been listed on this site. It is just available to Canadian buyers.

Here's an example (one of my items, because I list on both dotCA and dotCOM)

Viewed on dotCA, the price shows as $52.99. Viewed on dotCOM, the price shows as US$42.25.
But tomorrow that US dollar price could be higher or lower.

You always pay the value of the original listing.
What that value is in loonies may vary.

and hopefully you didn't buy anything from someone shipping through the gsp, that is whole other can full of weird and unexpected charges..

There are many possibilities as to the reason this happened the way it did. Without more information, we cannot do any better job troubleshooting than we already have. You'll have to call Customer Service.
What's the item number?
Ask a Question