Issues with listing fees for simple edits.......

Hello! First time poster here. Smiley Happy  I hope this is not a repost, but I can't seem to find a clear answer on this topic anywhere. 

I've been selling on eBay for 6.5 months and for 3.5 of those months have had a basic level store subscription. I seemed to be burning through the "free listings" quite quickly before I was informed that edits count as a free listing. Now, I'm a little more careful to proof my listings before posting.

My first question is this: Does the "edit mode" slider to the top right of my Manage Active Listings page (which seems to only allow me to change my custom label cell) count towards my "free listings"?

Secondly, after my "free listings" have been used I am charged listing fees for simple edits. This seems a little out of line to me. Is this normal? Example: I just changed the images of a listing which ends in 2 days and incurred a .23 fee for doing so. It's non-sense.

Also, is there anywhere a breakdown of fees/info re: listings available etc.. can be found? I'm amazed at how convoluted such things are within eBay. We pay them far too much money to have such difficulty using their tools.

Thanks in advance.

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

non-store: https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/sell/fees.html

ebay.CA store: https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/sell/storefees.html

ebay.COM store: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4122

You shouldn't be charged for a modification to an existing active listing unless adding a feature that has an extra fee.

Go to Account at the top left-hand corner of the web page. Where it says, 'Hi (name) and there's a drop-down that gives you Account Settings. It takes you to my Account and then halfway down that page you get your All Account Activity. Click that and check.

I'm fairly confident you won't see any real charges.

It's a loooooong-standing bug.

When I was a fresh seller, I would have paid a million dollars to ebay in fees if I had been assessed a charge every time I made a minor revision to my listing to get it just right. It would ultimately be counter-productive; ebay wants its listings as accurate as possible so as not to disappoint buyers so punishing sellers for revising them would simply backfire.

Unless there is some weird accounting going on here where this seller is getting debited for revisions and then credited again automatically, he really is getting charged for making revisions to listings for which he's already paid insertion fees which is NOT the bug I was talking about initially. This could be a serious problem as opposed to a merely annoying one. The charges in his account match up to the revision times in his listings. 

I think this issue bears deeper investigation. 

And that we all need to have a look at our own accounts to see how widespread of a problem this may be.

Before you finalize a listing if you do see a charge for that listing you can click on the amount(it's a viewable link) and it would give you a breakdown of any fees applicable for that listing either in progress/or being updated. I believe as someone else has mentioned its possible you may be adding upgrades to the listing inadvertently. If you just accepted without viewing and they were valid charges they would should show up in your account activity.

-Lotz

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 7.40.15 PM.png

Did you find that fee actually assessed on your Account Activity or was just shown at the bottom of the form you were using to revise it? 

If this is the same bug that has been around as long as I have been selling, a revision will threaten to cost you money but, unless you add actual features to your listing while you are doing the revision such as Best Offer or Subtitles or something, you won't actually be charged that fee.

But check your Account Activity to see if those charges applied and report back, please. 

Just spotted something in doing a little deeper digging into this issue. If you go over your allotted listings for the month, basic insertion fees(No extras) the charges displayed before hitting complete show either 6 or 23 cents(dot ca). If you check your invoices for those listings it shows 5 or 21 cents. Curious to know why the numbers don't match? Not earth shattering amounts but the data displayed should be accurate.

-Lotz

Ask a Question