Unable to access my account guysmiley any help would be appreciated.

Back in the mid 90's I had a very active account named guysmiley. After having children the ebay selling went dormant. I want to get back into the community once again and was hoping to retrieve my old account instead of making a new one. Your time and attention are greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Unfortunately that I.D is already being used by someone registered on eBay in Canada since Nov. 25, 2016. 

Once an account goes dormant for about 5-10 years it usually gets shut down by eBay and the name becomes available for someone else to use......  

Your best bet would be to call Ebay as they may have deleted it from their system depending on how old it was.

The name is less important than the (admittedly ancient) feedback.

Way back then, both buyers and sellers could get negative and neutral feedback, but your percentage will not reflect those old problems, which drop off FB after 12 months.

Whether you start a new account or revive the old one (with a new name since it seems someone else has claimed it), you will find you are dealing with a few restrictions.

Your customers' payments will be Held by Paypal against your good customer service for 21 days. (Aaaargh!)

You can still use the cleared payments to buy shipping labels.

You will be restricted for a while on the number and value of items you can list each month.

And that's list not sell, so choose carefully.

And the biggies are the practical disappearance of Auctions (now less than 15% of listings and most of those have Buy It Now options) and the emergence of the mobile phone buyer, who wants it now.

Ask a Question