eBay Won't Close My Account

serpu99
Community Member

I want to close my account but when I try to, I get a message saying I have outstanding bids... i don't. Every listing I've bid on has ended, and I didn't win a single auction. All of the purchases I made through Buy It Now, have long been paid for.  I would love to e-mail eBay about this issue but the only option I have is to call them. I would like to avoid spending hours on hold to only be given a generic response. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @serpu99 - if you've made purchases within the last 30 days you won't be able to process an account closure. This is because we want to make sure that you have recourse in the event you need to process a return or otherwise communicate with the sellers of the items you bought. 

After the 30 days has passed you should be able to put through the closure request. Typically that can take up to 60 days to finalize. Thanks!

EBay normally does not close accounts on demand.

They do want to make sure all outstanding transactions are completed before closing.

This can be three to six months-- PP purchases have a 180 days dispute window after payment.

If you call during the business day, the customer service centre has been pretty good lately.

You can also leave Twitter or Facebook messages, although that strikes me as pretty public for a financial question.

It's been years since I have closed an eBay account, so can't offer any personal experience as to the process or why you should be encountering any problems if no account balance, no fees and/or payments outstanding. There is no harm in just letting the account sit as is for now...maybe just leave the account as is for time being and later on try to close the account.

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

w-darek
Community Member
Same **bleep** i eant to get out of this crooks but they wont close it **bleep**ing **bleep**es
Ask a Question