January 8 2020 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. Leave them as a reply below and I'll work on getting you answers tomorrow (Wednesday). 

See you then!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: January 8 2020 Weekly Session

Hi Tyler:

Regarding the recent seller promotion where we listed items until Jan.5th and got a discounted FVF for up to 3 items sold within 30 days:

For those who haven't sold anything yet, the counter tally has disappeared from both current and expired promotions on our seller hub display.  

Will it reappear if something sells or are we now excluded from this promotion in error?

Thanks for your help!

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

What's the difference between Trust and Safety and the Resolution Centre"

Can you give hypothetical reasons for calling each?

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@renata6 wrote:

Hi Tyler:

Regarding the recent seller promotion where we listed items until Jan.5th and got a discounted FVF for up to 3 items sold within 30 days:

For those who haven't sold anything yet, the counter tally has disappeared from both current and expired promotions on our seller hub display.  

Will it reappear if something sells or are we now excluded from this promotion in error?

Thanks for your help!

Was wondering the same, upon selling an eligible item the promo re-appeared in my expired promos list.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

When a buyer requests an order to be cancelled and a seller accepts is there a reason why we receive the following message when the buyer has not paid?Why would the transaction amount be included in the total in Sellers Hub as a completed sale? (The completed cancellation does not reference the refund).  Lotz

Order cancelled1 .jpg

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Hi.

What is the 2020 road map for eBay.ca in term of development? Some function on .com are not available on .ca like bulk price, promotion codes, etc.

Thanks

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

This is being put here, as information, because it will most likely get lost in the original discussion.....

--------------------------------------------------

Buyers can be asked to provide a telephone number

(1) Start on the Overview page.

(2) Under Shortcuts... go to the Site Preferences page.

(3) Find Shipping Preferences .....  These preferences have been moved..... 

.........   click to the "moved" page for Shipping Preferences.

(4) Respond to...  Always ask Buyers for phone number....  Yes....

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Thanks! I've just sold something that qualified, and saw the promotion re-appear in the expired list. Problem solved.
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I'm kind of wondering why the Post I made a couple of days ago, seems to have Disappeared. (without an Explanation / Notification)

I believe it was: Cell Phone Not Working - What Options are there

I explained what the Problem with the phone was (No Sound on Calls).
I explained that I contacted the Seller and Explained the Problems and they Requested a Video.
I  explained the phone has 60 day / Free Returns

I Explained that things didn't always work so well with Returns! and that the item might not be as Described...

I also Stated, that I didn't see any option to leave feedback for the Purchase.... though the item arrived 8 weeks after I ordered it and it was within the Shipping Time Frame -

And it was Not the 1st time that the Option to Leave Feedback was Not there after getting the item or before the return/dispute was finished.

I left No photo's with Personal Information.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Post deleted. 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@richardcm wrote:

Post deleted. 

I edited my reply above and deleted the information it contained since it was incorrect. However the words I chose “post deleted” seems related to the previous members post discussing a deleted topic. My apologies for the confusion. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Is there any plans to bring back custom pages?...And why was that functionality taken away....

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@bearlover69 

Your post wasn't deleted, it was posted on the .com member to member board. This is the .ca board.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Cell-Phone-Not-Working-What-Options-are-there...

But since there are no replies and since I can't reply there (only certain posters can reply on that particular board) I'll answer here.    If it has been less than 30 days since delivery go to your purchase history in ebay and click on return or go to the resolution center and open a return there. If you choose the reason for return such as item not working, it will be considered a not as described dispute and the seller will be required to pay for return shipping. 

It looks like the seller is outside of Canada so they won't be able to send you a label so you will have to let them know how much return shipping with delivery confirmation will be and they are supposed to send you the money through PP for the label.  Is the seller in the UK?  If so, Tracked Packet International might be ok however there is only $100 insurance included.  Otherwise, Xpresspost international is the next option but that is very expensive.  If the seller is in Asia, Xpresspost is the only option with delivery confirmation.  You can check the price on Canada Post     https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s3

If the seller doesn't send you the money you can ask ebay to step in and they may either send you a label or refund you without requiring a return.   Tyler, can you confirm that there if the seller approves the return but doesn't send a label or money for a label, there will be an option for the buyer to ask ebay to step in?

Do not pay for the label or send the item unless the seller provides the money or label.  eBay cannot force the seller to pay for shipping if you buy the label on your own. Do not use small packet or any type of surface option as the first doesn't have delivery confirmation and surface will take months.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@renata6 wrote:

Hi Tyler:

Thanks for your help!

Hi @renata6! Kwartha gave you good insight, and I'm glad to see that you've seen it pop back up!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

What's the difference between Trust and Safety and the Resolution Centre"

Can you give hypothetical reasons for calling each?

Hi @reallynicestamps - Trust and Safety is for issues related to your account or to the site. If you had reason to believe your account had been compromised you'd want to contact Trust and Safety. 

The Resolution Centre is for post-transaction issues with purchases. Cancellations, Unpaid Item Cases, Return Requests, Item not Received requests, etc. If you needed help with an open Not as Described Return you'd want to contact the Resolution Centre. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

When a buyer requests an order to be cancelled and a seller accepts is there a reason why we receive the following message when the buyer has not paid?Why would the transaction amount be included in the total in Sellers Hub as a completed sale? (The completed cancellation does not reference the refund).  Lotz

Order cancelled1 .jpg

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - the cancellation flow considers this scenario as 'pending' because we aren't able to verify if a refund has been issued/the buyer paid. For that reason the cancellation flow stays open and asks the buyer to confirm if they received a refund (or never paid for the item). If they answer that they never paid for the item or received a refund we complete the cancellation automatically. If they fail to reply to the email request after 10 days we complete the cancellation automatically. 

If they answer that they have not received a refund we would email you to let you know we couldn't complete the cancellation and you would need to contact CS for further assistance. 

Is the transaction amount staying in Seller Hub after the cancellation has moved to completed?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Is the transaction amount staying in Seller Hub after the cancellation has moved to completed?

Yes

-Lotz

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@soap-market-and-co wrote:

Hi.

What is the 2020 road map for eBay.ca in term of development? Some function on .com are not available on .ca like bulk price, promotion codes, etc.

Thanks

Hi @soap-market-and-co - ultimately the goal is to help you grow your business and be successful in 2020 on eBay. 

As to specific projects and initiatives, those are usually announced in Seller Updates several times throughout the year. We'll make sure to send you an email when those are live, as well as an Announcement Board post too. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@thecoinhunterca wrote:

Is there any plans to bring back custom pages?...And why was that functionality taken away....

Hi @thecoinhunterca - if you mean custom store pages there are no plans to bring that back. We're looking to provide a level of consistency for buyers coming to the site, and highly customized pages can break that consistency. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Yes

-Lotz

Thanks for the clarification - I'll report that for further review!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 22
latest reply