May 3 2022 Weekly Session

Hey guys! 

Opening up the chat and we'll begin working on answers tomorrow morning. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

As 17+ year eBay buyer has curtailed using eBay except for parts for computer repairs for customers.  Even that may be coming to an end.  On April 18th I purchased an item that had no duties or GST/PST assessed on it via the GSP. Total cost of purchase was $39 USD half of which was shipping. Package stopped off at Erlanger where a new address label was slapped on the package and it was sent on its way to Canada. It crossed the border on April 22nd.  That is the extent of the tracking.  It has been 10 days and I have yet to see the package.  I have no idea who the carrier is for the item. I have no tracking # for the package here in Canada.

I contacted Pitney Bowes customer service via Twitter who told me to 

" For further assistance, please contact your retailer or marketplace for all product, inventory, and delivery questions."

When I pointed out the fact that Pitney Bowes are the ones who selects which carrier is used for GSP shipments I got the following response from PB customer service:

I apologize that you continue to have issues with your purchase. All available information for individual packages is posted in the tracking tool. Please contact eBay customer support for any further assistance. Thank you.

This is not the first time this has happened with GSP where the tracking ceases when item crosses the border and I have no idea which carrier is handling the delivery. I can not afford to tell customers when they call asking if an item is fixed that I have no idea when it will be ready. If this item was shipped via say USPS it could be tracked here in Canada and I would have some idea to tell my customer. Pitney Bowes does not give a **bleep** about buyers after all they have their money. If they use cheapass couriers for the last mile that provide no tracking in Canada all the better for Pitney Bowes. 

Sad to say I have had better tracking and shipping on AliExpress and that is coming from China.

I was able to get a refund on this shipment but I have lost time and the cost of the repair job for this customer of mine.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@theoldestfart wrote:

As 17+ year eBay buyer has curtailed using eBay except for parts for computer repairs for customers.  Even that may be coming to an end.  On April 18th I purchased an item that had no duties or GST/PST assessed on it via the GSP. Total cost of purchase was $39 USD half of which was shipping. Package stopped off at Erlanger where a new address label was slapped on the package and it was sent on its way to Canada. It crossed the border on April 22nd.  That is the extent of the tracking.  It has been 10 days and I have yet to see the package.  I have no idea who the carrier is for the item. I have no tracking # for the package here in Canada.

I contacted Pitney Bowes customer service via Twitter who told me to 

" For further assistance, please contact your retailer or marketplace for all product, inventory, and delivery questions."

When I pointed out the fact that Pitney Bowes are the ones who selects which carrier is used for GSP shipments I got the following response from PB customer service:

I apologize that you continue to have issues with your purchase. All available information for individual packages is posted in the tracking tool. Please contact eBay customer support for any further assistance. Thank you.

This is not the first time this has happened with GSP where the tracking ceases when item crosses the border and I have no idea which carrier is handling the delivery. I can not afford to tell customers when they call asking if an item is fixed that I have no idea when it will be ready. If this item was shipped via say USPS it could be tracked here in Canada and I would have some idea to tell my customer. Pitney Bowes does not give a **bleep** about buyers after all they have their money. If they use cheapass couriers for the last mile that provide no tracking in Canada all the better for Pitney Bowes. 

Sad to say I have had better tracking and shipping on AliExpress and that is coming from China.

I was able to get a refund on this shipment but I have lost time and the cost of the repair job for this customer of mine.

Thanks so much for this feedback @theoldestfart we appriciaite it and will pass it along for sure!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hello Jasmen,

Is there any reason why when a buyer has paid for a purchase, the item hasn't been shipped....when they cancel that transaction it is not just reversed vs charging the seller? This would be the simplest way to process these situations and is the standard procedure with any refund in B&M store especially when seller, in reality has not been paid. (You're just changing your mind before leaving the store....Funds out...Funds returned). As from my research this is NOT documented anywhere in eBay help. (at least within dot ca). I understand it's handled differently when the refund is required AFTER (item has been shipped) the fact. 

This was rarely(almost never) a problem prior to MP. With that system a seller had full control of their balance of funds.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Jasmen,

Is there any reason why when a buyer has paid for a purchase, the item hasn't been shipped....when they cancel that transaction it is not just reversed vs charging the seller? This would be the simplest way to process these situations and is the standard procedure with any refund in B&M store especially when seller, in reality has not been paid. (You're just changing your mind before leaving the store....Funds out...Funds returned). As from my research this is NOT documented anywhere in eBay help. (at least within dot ca). I understand it's handled differently when the refund is required AFTER (item has been shipped) the fact. 

This was rarely(almost never) a problem prior to MP. With that system a seller had full control of their balance of funds.

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Hey @lotzofuniquegoodies I'm not sure the exact reason, I'll do some digging and if it's something I can share I will for sure. I'll also make sure to pass this feedback along as well!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Can you confirm that May 23rd is when the fvf credits for partial refunds will take effect for ebay.ca? I know there was an announcement on the .com boards, but I have not seen anything similar on the .ca boards.

As well, will I be able to send partial refunds (and get fvf credits) for orders that took place a week or two before the 23rd, or will this only work for orders made on May 23rd or later?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@canada_goose_whisperer wrote:

Can you confirm that May 23rd is when the fvf credits for partial refunds will take effect for ebay.ca? I know there was an announcement on the .com boards, but I have not seen anything similar on the .ca boards.

As well, will I be able to send partial refunds (and get fvf credits) for orders that took place a week or two before the 23rd, or will this only work for orders made on May 23rd or later?

Thanks.

Great question @canada_goose_whisperer it is going to be the same day, there will be an update on the CA boards soon! The credit will be for any refunds processed after that day, thanks! 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

jasmen@ebay So if on say May 25th, I process a partial refund for an order made on May 13th, the credit will still apply as the refund was processed after May 23rd, correct?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@canada_goose_whisperer wrote:

jasmen@ebay So if on say May 25th, I process a partial refund for an order made on May 13th, the credit will still apply as the refund was processed after May 23rd, correct?

Thanks.

@canada_goose_whisperer Correct!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

jasmen@ebayPerfect, thank you.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for joining the chat today - it's closed but will return next week!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply