November 3 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I'll begin working on answers tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks, 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

kingfan52
Community Member

Hi Tyler, about a month ago I was trying to get help with this problem and you said I’d have to get in touch with the right department, but it’s been 6 weeks, so I’m hoping you can tell me where to go to fix this problem, as you can see below, it’s not for lack of trying

I have been calling ebay every 3 or 4 days for over a month. They told me I needed to open a bank account in US Dollars to receive payments in US dollars. I did. They said they were sending me microdeposits and I had to tell them how much I received. Nothing, so I called a few times and each time was told something else, In the end they told me I can’t use a savings account to I had to open a checking account. Many more days and phone calls, with other reasons why it didn't work,  but still nothing. Next I’m told they tried to send the micropayments but my bank rejected it and they wouldn’t talk to me again until I contacted my bank, so  I went to the bank and was told nothing was rejected. So I called AGAIN and was told I need to send them a copy of my bank statement and they will send me a link within 5 minutes at the latest. But it’s now been 5 hours and nothing

Where can I go from here?

Thanks

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Hi, A buyer has opened a dispute “The buyer did not recognize the transaction”  My options are to Challenge or Accept the dispute and the  buyer receives a refund. If I accept, the buyer gets to keep the item (it was delivered) AND the total payment they sent. If I challenge and lose, I pay $20 to ebay. Somehow none of the options seems fair.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Hi. I am wondering about the free listings. Will the only promotion to sellers without a store be the 200 free listings from now on?

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@kingfan52 

Is your account a chequing account in $US at a Canadian based bank?

Some Canadian banks have US branches but you can't use MP with the US branch..it has be the Canadian based branch.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@bunbar 

Have a look at this following page.  If you have delivery confirmation, you should be able to win a payment dispute.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/selling-policies/payment-dispute-seller-protections?id=5293

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@kingfan52 

I had a heck of a time getting three of my four selling accounts set up.

Have you tried using your driver's license or passport as identification? I did because one of the banks does not send paper statements and the electronic ones could not be sent or even printed out.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I opened a US savings account for my account when the managed payment started, and had no problem putting it my US account. I opened another ebay account because it was making me pay to list my sheet music as an auction in my store but not if I didn't have a store. So same bank, different account because they said I wasn't allowed to use a savings account so i had to open a checking account. Now still trying to get the money they owe me for what I sold

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I called ebay and they said with the confirmation of delivery I SHOULD be able to get my payment back, but no guarantee, I just don't want to wind up paying $20 for an item that only sold for $6 if I lose

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

With regards with how the offers changed from Oct 2021 to Nov 2021 this is what I discovered

100K Free Insertion Fee Listings

No insertion fees on 100,000 Listings including Good 'Til Cancelled

Start:1 Oct 2021 at 0:00 EDT
End:1 Nov 2021 at 0:00 EDT

Additional 10K Free Insertions in Select Categories

Additional insertions in select categories for sellers with Basic Stores

Start:1 Nov 2021 at 0:00 EDT
End:1 Dec 2021 at 0:00 EST
Used/Left 26 used/9974 left. (approx 650 current listings should apply of my 1150)
ebay.ca, cafr.ebay.ca

If my math is correct I will be 150 listings over for November. How would those listings be charged? I've never gone over my store allotment and even more critical with ebay no longer generating monthly invoicing by billing everything immediately.  (650 Select Categories + 350 Store Allotment = 1000)  

The concern being the red highlighted area. Some kind of advanced warning should have been provided by eBay for sellers so they could plan for something so substantial. This is going to cause many sellers to go over their monthly limits or a need to immediately increase store size to cover this unplanned shortfall. Sellers will have to be extremely selective going forward when it comes to creating new listings if they have landed in this situation. 

-Lotz
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Why is it that GSP through Pitney Bowes is unwilling / unable to indicate what the Import Fees are assessed on a shipment? My last GSP shipment was a $70 US item. It had $23.04 USD shipping plus a $7.78 USD Import fee which in my opinion was Pitney Bowes label slapping fee.  The original shipping box was not open and there never is any accompanying paperwork to show what comprises the Import Fee. Other carriers such as USPS, FedEx, and Canada Post all provide paperwork showing what was duty if any, brokerage fee, and GST/PST. 

Not much wonder why eBay buyers think the import fees in the GSP are a made-up fee.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@kingfan52 wrote:

Hi Tyler, about a month ago I was trying to get help with this problem and you said I’d have to get in touch with the right department, but it’s been 6 weeks, so I’m hoping you can tell me where to go to fix this problem, as you can see below, it’s not for lack of trying

I have been calling ebay every 3 or 4 days for over a month. They told me I needed to open a bank account in US Dollars to receive payments in US dollars. I did. They said they were sending me microdeposits and I had to tell them how much I received. Nothing, so I called a few times and each time was told something else, In the end they told me I can’t use a savings account to I had to open a checking account. Many more days and phone calls, with other reasons why it didn't work,  but still nothing. Next I’m told they tried to send the micropayments but my bank rejected it and they wouldn’t talk to me again until I contacted my bank, so  I went to the bank and was told nothing was rejected. So I called AGAIN and was told I need to send them a copy of my bank statement and they will send me a link within 5 minutes at the latest. But it’s now been 5 hours and nothing

Where can I go from here?

Thanks

Hi @kingfan52 - I'm sorry that this is still a continued issue for you.

I am not able to assist with a verification/registration issue when it comes to your payments being managed by eBay. That has to be addressed by a payments expert, by requesting a callback from them through the Payments tab in Seller hub (clicking the phone icon). 

It sounds as though they were trying to go an alternate way of verifying the account to get your payout sent, but I'm not certain. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@bunbar wrote:

Hi, A buyer has opened a dispute “The buyer did not recognize the transaction”  My options are to Challenge or Accept the dispute and the  buyer receives a refund. If I accept, the buyer gets to keep the item (it was delivered) AND the total payment they sent. If I challenge and lose, I pay $20 to ebay. Somehow none of the options seems fair.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Hi @bunbar  - payment disputes are always frustrating, particularly because it means the buyer has sidestepped all the resolution options available to them on eBay and gone right to their financial institution. 

We do offer some protections for you as a seller when it comes to disputes (you can read more about them here). 

In general, however, I'd encourage you to respond to the dispute based on their statement, and provide evidence if necessary for your protection (that link will have a bit more detail). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@bentley65 wrote:

Hi. I am wondering about the free listings. Will the only promotion to sellers without a store be the 200 free listings from now on?

Thanks for your help.

Hi @bentley65  - I don't have any update on this currently, other than that it's still being investigated. I will update this thread when I do hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

With regards with how the offers changed from Oct 2021 to Nov 2021 this is what I discovered

100K Free Insertion Fee Listings

No insertion fees on 100,000 Listings including Good 'Til Cancelled

Start:1 Oct 2021 at 0:00 EDT
End:1 Nov 2021 at 0:00 EDT

Additional 10K Free Insertions in Select Categories

Additional insertions in select categories for sellers with Basic Stores

Start:1 Nov 2021 at 0:00 EDT
End:1 Dec 2021 at 0:00 EST
Used/Left 26 used/9974 left. (approx 650 current listings should apply of my 1150)
ebay.ca, cafr.ebay.ca

If my math is correct I will be 150 listings over for November. How would those listings be charged? I've never gone over my store allotment and even more critical with ebay no longer generating monthly invoicing by billing everything immediately.  (650 Select Categories + 350 Store Allotment = 1000)  

The concern being the red highlighted area. Some kind of advanced warning should have been provided by eBay for sellers so they could plan for something so substantial. This is going to cause many sellers to go over their monthly limits or a need to immediately increase store size to cover this unplanned shortfall. Sellers will have to be extremely selective going forward when it comes to creating new listings if they have landed in this situation. 

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I'm still waiting on more information on the promotion situation- but in general an insertion fee is charged at the time it's listed or renewed, and it would pull from your Available and Processing funds.

If you do not have any insertion credits remaining, you'd see a charge of 20 cents for a Basic store for Fixed Price, 25 cents if an auction style (credited back if the auction ends in a sale). More detail on that here.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@theoldestfart wrote:

Why is it that GSP through Pitney Bowes is unwilling / unable to indicate what the Import Fees are assessed on a shipment? My last GSP shipment was a $70 US item. It had $23.04 USD shipping plus a $7.78 USD Import fee which in my opinion was Pitney Bowes label slapping fee.  The original shipping box was not open and there never is any accompanying paperwork to show what comprises the Import Fee. Other carriers such as USPS, FedEx, and Canada Post all provide paperwork showing what was duty if any, brokerage fee, and GST/PST. 

Not much wonder why eBay buyers think the import fees in the GSP are a made-up fee.

Hi @theoldestfart - answering a 'why' question is always tricky for me, particularly when it concerns the practices of a shipping partner. I can tell you that, in general, 'Import Charges' are used as a blanket term for a number of individual charges (more detail here in the 'Import charges include' section).

I'll make sure that this sentiment is shared!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining this week's chat. It's now closed but will return next Tuesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 17
latest reply