Bought item claims Rochester NY delivery to Ontario

So I bought this item the shipping location claims Rochester NY and it's being delivered to Oshawa Ontario, eBay mailed me on the 6th on Oct saying the package shipped, i checked to days ago the tracking on eBay it still says that it's not in transit. . . I contacted the seller to ask what's up and in very very broken English they claimed that the last tracking info was on the 11th and to check with my local postal office, now the eBay tracking number does not work on Canada posts, USPS nor the tracking site eBay provides in the email. All say invalid and the eBay link is for China mail tracking. As well the tracking number ends in CN. . . The end date for the item has not past but the earliest arrival date has which coming from Rochester NY it should have been here by regardless even with customs. It's just a cosplay wig for my Halloween party (this weekend) 

Now without a valid tracking number i can't ask my post office anything about my package and like I stated eBay says it's not in transit. . . 

Am i being scammed i have a hard time believing they are located in Rochester NY when they speak extremely broken English.  I dunno what to do i ordered this with more then enough time they it should have arrived from I'll say it again Rochester NY and yet tomorrow's Friday and i needed it for Saturday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Tracking is a Seller Protection and is useless (except emotionally) to the buyer.

You bought.

You paid.

The purchase is late. Later than the last estimated date for arrival eBay gave you?

If so, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

You have already spoken to the seller, so skip that step.

Ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

If the seller does not do this willingly, eBay will refund you and go after him for their money. He will also get a Defect on his selling account.

It sounds as if you ran into a dropshipper. These are lazy or naive people who are pursuing a 'get rich quick' scheme. They have no control over any part of their business and are too dumb or greedy to realize that.

i have a hard time believing they are located in Rochester NY when they speak extremely broken English. 

You would have a hard time understanding my BIL too when he is with family. He's been in Canada for 30 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF2jN3MgCYY

That is English by the way.

this has totally ruined my costume as i was expecting a quick ship with a duty charge not a misleading ship that will take at least a month to get here.

Hindsight is 20/20 but :

Never buy by mail if you have a deadline.

If you need it by a given date, buy locally.

It may (or may not) cost more, but it will be less stressful.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts