China to Canada packages,,,

dowar-70
Community Member

Our local News here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada has just completed a story about the Long delays in shipping from China... There  investigations say,, parcels take 5 days shipping from China to Canada and then,,,,,  sit in Canada  for months......  I am experiencing this... Does ANYONE Know who I should be complaining to.... Who  in Government or Canada Post .... I am Canadian,,,,  and Demand MY  Country's Postal Service works properly.....   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

There are two basic problems, which have been discussed at length here in multiple posts.

The first is the appearance of fentanyl in 'recreational' drugs. Over 900 people died of fentanyl overdoses last year in BC alone, and hundreds more were resuscitated.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/overdose-death-statistics-2016-1.3941224

The source of the fentanyl has been determined to be China, where until this year, it was not a controlled substance. China is now cooperating with Canada to clean up the problem. The beheadings will start very soon.

Meanwhile CBSA has been holding up shipments from China, especially small ones (as opposed to containerloads) to check for smuggled drugs.

The other problem is world wide and China is not cooperating.

Members of the Universal Postal Union have been complaining for some years  that China badly underprices its international postal rates. Since the parcels are actually delivered by other countries, and China is exporting a lot of stuff (which is an understatement) the cost to every other postal system is ridiculous.

Canada Post and other postal systems have reacted by considering postal shipments from China to be low priority. We have reports that this low priority also affects Hong Kong shipments, which makes sense, and Taiwan shipments,which doesn't.

If you want to complain to someone about this, you don't even need a stamp to send a letter to your MP.

Your MPs na;me

House of Commons

OTTAWA ON K1A 0A6

You could also complain to the Minister in charge of the Canadian Border Services Agency.

The Honourable Ralph Goodale, PC, MP

Minister of Public Safety

House of Commons

OTTAWA ON K1A 0A6

And the President of Canada Post

Deepak Chopra

President, Canada Post

Box 90022 
2701 Riverside Dr 
Ottawa, ON K1V 1J8

You do need a stamp on the envelope for the last guy.

parcels take 5 days shipping from China to Canada and then

Not a chance. Maybe if your seller was using Air Mail.

But most Chinese sellers of low value goods use cheap Surface shipping, which at best takes a month or more.

You can solve the problem however, by only buying from sellers who ship by Air Mail and with tracking.

And if your item does not arrive by the last estimated date given you by eBay, the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page will get you a prompt refund.

Answers (0)

Ask a Question