Delivery Attempt - Note Left/Scheduled but note note was left. ebay global shipping program

Ok I had an item shipped from USA to Canada. Still waiting on my item looked at the tracking number and it says Delivery Attempt - Note Left/Scheduled. But No note was left and someone was home all day.  Tracking number now says awaiting pickup but I have no idea where or with what company. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

@islandmx 

I think you may have tagged an old discussion in error. Re your missing package, most likely it is at your nearest postal depot. if you go to the canadapost website you can confirm by putting in your postal code for a list of them. They can usually track your parcel down by your name or address. Just make sure to bring some government id and/or something that shows your actual mailing address.
-Lotz

PS. Because of Covid 19 they are doing very limited when it comes to deliveries. They may have thought it was not okay to safe drop and just left without delivery or the card. (or the card may show up in your community mail box tomorrow.)

Another possibility is delivery was attempted at your community mailbox and the package did not fit. They may have left a tag in your mailbox to pick up at your local post office. Past history says it would get dropped off at your local depot later in the afternoon when they do their pickups from that location. It will be either available that evening before closing or the next morning. Any of these discrepancies/strange tracking messages or a combination thereof CAN be caused by a postal employee accidentally clicking on the wrong choice. This has been known to happen often.

-Lotz

Take the tracking number and photo ID to the local PO. It might be a postal outlet or a Post Office.

Give them the number at the counter.

Most GSP shipments are delivered by Canada Post.

We have seen a few reports, mostly complaints, about delivery by CanPar or FedEx.

But start with the usual.

marnotom!
Community Member
You don't state where you're getting the tracking information from, so apologies if this response isn't too helpful.

If you go to https://parceltracking.pb.com and enter your tracking number there, you should get a fairly good consolidation of the tracking information from the various carriers that have handled your package.

In addition, there should be a link to click on that page of information that reads "track item on carrier's website" (or something similar to that). Clicking on that should take you to the tracking information generated by the carrier, most likely Canada Post. Check the date and time that so-called delivery attempt was made while you're at it.
It sounds as if Canada Post has it. When you track your parcel, does it give you a Canada Post tracking number? If so, check with your local post office, it's likely there waiting for pickup.

Looks like you have a good postie, most just leave the package unless there is no room.

This happened to me before with Canada Post. Your item is most probably at the local post office (if your shipper chose USPS/Canada Post as the carrier. 

Other carriers like UPS or Fedex will usually make a second attempt and leave it a the nearest company depot for you to pick up if the second attempt was unsuccessful.

@timcuk2014

I get an email message telling me an attempt was made to deliver and a card was left in my box no not yet and never. 18th Jan nothing and no tracking available. Robert

What entity sent you the email?

Most last mile deliveries are from Canada Post and if you have no other information go to your nearest PO. Bring picture ID, they won't turn your package over to just anyone.

Hi same problem, purchased key blanks for old motorcycles from a great company on eBay out of Florida who was very helpful. Purchase made December 22nd and yes I get it Christmas and all that no worries, tracking number took it to the distribution center in Ohio where it sat for 10 days entered Canada and nothing tracking no longer exists yet I get an email message telling me an attempt was made to deliver and a card was left in my box no not yet and never. 18th Jan nothing and no tracking available. Robert   

islandmx
Community Member
Did you package finally arrive?
I am going through the same thing. My package is nearly 3 weeks late.
GSP tracking says delivery was attempted last week, when we were home and then sent back to the US only 3 days later. I started the resolution process yesterday and today received an email saying there was another delivery attempt while we were home.
Are safe eBay purchases a thing of the past?
Ask a Question