For all Canadians who ordering internationally. Huge delay is nothing but market protection tool!!!

I have Some question about shipping to Canada...

And I found no explanation to:

1. Why I order in May and receive my package at the end of October.

2. Why my package arrives from anywhere in a world to Canada withing 7 days and holds at customs for 3-4 months..

3. Why when i order to delivery to US address, I got it in three to five days.

The only reasonable answer to all those questions - Huge delay is nothing but market protection tool !!! As more and more people buying from abroad, Canadian giant corporations refuses to reduce prices and would like to sell us the same stuff but for triple amount.

So, to all Canadian retailers - make price competitive. but until it happens, I am buying all stuff from abroad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

If you could not find an explanation then you did not look very hard.

1) Canada Post for the last couple of years has given very low priority to shipments where it loses money. This will start changing in 2018 with the new UPU (Universal Postal Union) rules, and China will start paying more for sending mail to Canada.

2) For the last couple of years all packages from China are checked for drugs. It was legal in China to export weapons-grade drugs. The laws were tightened a bit by China early this year, so that may help.

As a seller I certainly wish it was true that this was an attempt to protect Canadian sellers -- but that is just not true.

Some say that Canadian sellers can be made competitive -- just get rid of free health care, slash wages by 80% and allow the sale of counterfeit products to be legal -- that might do for a start.

-..-

First, there is no reason for you to wait months for delivery.

If your item does not arrive within the window for delivery you are given by eBay, you can open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page for 30 days.

If you miss that deadline, you can open a Dispute on Paypal for 180 days from Payment.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

The reason you should do this is that there is a not uncommon scam mostly out of China,where the purchase does not arrive because it was never sent. If the buyer complains the seller scammer either tells you he will send a 'replacement' in the hope that you will either close the Dispute or will wait until it closes automatically, or he refunds promptly, making his money on those who can't figure out how to complain.

The reasons some shipments are delayed in Customs, again mostly from China, are fentanyl and the UPU.

Fentanyl has killed some 1400 Canadians in BC alone in 2017. Although the Chinese government is cooperating by closing down their manufacturers, there is still a lot being manufactured and shipped.

CBSA is searching small packages and mostly untracked packages and there is a backlog.

The Universal Postal Union Treaty (1874) set up the conditions under which nations would deliver the post of other nations. There is a special lower rate for developing countries. China has been taking advantage of these lower rates although they are now the second largest economy on the planet . Western nations reacted by taking their time about delivering these underpaid packages.

I'm surprised that your tracked packages have been held, since tracked packages are usually closer to a reasonable postage rate, and criminals are not likely to use tracking.

If you run into this situation again"

• call Canada Post and ask for help.
  • file a Dispute with eBay or Paypal.
  • Do NOT accept an offer of a 'replacement' from the seller.

Ask a Question