How do I get a tracking number?

Tracking # How Do I get this.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tracking numbers  are expensive and not much use, except emotionally, to a buyer.

Ask your seller for the date of shipping and the service used. Ask for the tracking/delivery confirmation number.

He should be able to supply the first two.

Allow a couple of weeks from purchase for the item toarrive.

From Europe 10 to 20 days.

From North America 15 to 25 days.

From Asia 20 to 30 days.

If the item has not arrived by Day 40, start an Item Not Recieved dispute and get your money back.

The Dispute is part of eBay/Paypal's Buyer Protection Program. It is useful, unlike a tracking number.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ask the seller if they sent it with a tracking number.

To send with a tracking number is expensive so unless

your item it expensive there probably isn't one.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Tracking numbers  are expensive and not much use, except emotionally, to a buyer.

Ask your seller for the date of shipping and the service used. Ask for the tracking/delivery confirmation number.

He should be able to supply the first two.

Allow a couple of weeks from purchase for the item toarrive.

From Europe 10 to 20 days.

From North America 15 to 25 days.

From Asia 20 to 30 days.

If the item has not arrived by Day 40, start an Item Not Recieved dispute and get your money back.

The Dispute is part of eBay/Paypal's Buyer Protection Program. It is useful, unlike a tracking number.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

TY,This was very helpful.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

A tracking number is NOT expensive if you are talking shipping from the US to Canada. Many US sellers seem to be unaware that using First Class Mail Int'l includes a shipping/tracking number that will follow the item/package from entry into the USPS system all the way to the Canadian border and through Canada Customs, then on to delivery. It is more than an "emotional" use to a buyer (as commented by femmefan 1946!)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply