How long should it take for a package from New Jersey to get to Ontario?

I paid for the item on September 24th, the seller finally shipped on Oct. 3rd (!) and it still hasn't arrived. Even the tracking info has nothing- it just says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". I've bought items that were shipping from New Jersey before and the most it took was 12 days. This seller apparently has 99.9% positive feedback, but I've had nothing but trouble from them and they seem incapable of replying to messages. Do I open an 'item not received case'? do I contact the post office? Should I wait until Friday to see if it comes?  Can anyone with a similar experience buying from the States share their advice? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sellers have 7 days to ship and still keep their Seller Protection. Depending on the time of day, he may or may not be still Protected.

Pretty poor shipping time, though.

The seller probably used First Class International shipping which is cheap and (usually) fast, but which is neither Delivery Confirmed nor tracked. This is the seller's problem not yours.

On average it takes about 9 working days for a parcel to swim through both postal systems and the customs office, but that is an average . With that average, the parcel should have arrived on Wednesday the 17th.

But allow 20 days from payment, before asking the seller for the Delivery Confirmation number (just an encouragement to him, not actually useful to you) and 25 days from payment before starting an Item Not Received dispute.

It will probably show up in your mailbox on Monday.

Answers (0)

Ask a Question