I have requested that the Seller ship a cheaper way as the shipping is the same price as the item

gayl-fredr
Community Member

I have emailed the seller twice now & requested a cheaper way of shipping as the shipping costs are equal to the item.  If they cannot ship cheaper I wish to cancel the order.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have requested that the Seller ship a cheaper way as the shipping is the same price as the item

Hello 'gayl-fredr', 

<< I have requested that the Seller ship a cheaper way as the shipping is the same price as the item>> 

You do realize that the time to negotiate alternate shipping terms is before you buy an item?

Sometimes they will agree, but other times they will decline.  Either way, it is up to the seller to make the final decision about which shipping service to use.  And all shipping services are expensive.  

See for yourself what it costs to mail an item from the US to you here in Canada:  

http://ircalc.usps.com/?country=10054

If that isn't bad enough, see what our dear Canada Post charges to mail parcels across the country, or worse, - overseas:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

None of which helps your current predicament.  If you bought an item but have not yet paid, and did not first ask the seller about a less expensive shipping option, - the seller will be annoyed by that.

If she is having a bad ebay day she might just wait and file an Unpaid Item case against you whereby your choice is to pay up or get a strike on your account.  Sellers can auto-block people with 2 or more strikes so you sure wouldn't want to get another one.  

Perhaps your seller will agree to the cancellation.  When you get the notice of a Request to Cancel, - simply click to Respond then click to Agree, and that will let you off the hook for it.

Or maybe the seller will resend an invoice with an adjusted shipping fee on it.  That would be a colossal favour (considering you didn't have the grace to ask about it in the first place) so you then pay immediately and thank the seller profusely.  

Then again, . . . Is this a Global Shipping Program item?   If that is the case, the seller had no intention of selling to Canada and planned only to mail her items to Kentucky, from where they are forwarded on to the Canadian buyer.  You would have had to ask the seller first (before buying) to take her listing out of the GSP and ship First Class to you directly if you had wanted a better rate.  GSP items have comparatively expensive shipping fees.  Sellers have no control over the charges imposed by the GSP.  About the only way to wriggle out of this one is if you go for the cancellation.

In future always always ask in advance for any special requests.   Sellers set up their listings a certain way and that is how they want it.  When you click to buy, it is assumed you have fully agreed to the terms.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello 'gayl-fredr', 

<< I have requested that the Seller ship a cheaper way as the shipping is the same price as the item>> 

You do realize that the time to negotiate alternate shipping terms is before you buy an item?

Sometimes they will agree, but other times they will decline.  Either way, it is up to the seller to make the final decision about which shipping service to use.  And all shipping services are expensive.  

See for yourself what it costs to mail an item from the US to you here in Canada:  

http://ircalc.usps.com/?country=10054

If that isn't bad enough, see what our dear Canada Post charges to mail parcels across the country, or worse, - overseas:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

None of which helps your current predicament.  If you bought an item but have not yet paid, and did not first ask the seller about a less expensive shipping option, - the seller will be annoyed by that.

If she is having a bad ebay day she might just wait and file an Unpaid Item case against you whereby your choice is to pay up or get a strike on your account.  Sellers can auto-block people with 2 or more strikes so you sure wouldn't want to get another one.  

Perhaps your seller will agree to the cancellation.  When you get the notice of a Request to Cancel, - simply click to Respond then click to Agree, and that will let you off the hook for it.

Or maybe the seller will resend an invoice with an adjusted shipping fee on it.  That would be a colossal favour (considering you didn't have the grace to ask about it in the first place) so you then pay immediately and thank the seller profusely.  

Then again, . . . Is this a Global Shipping Program item?   If that is the case, the seller had no intention of selling to Canada and planned only to mail her items to Kentucky, from where they are forwarded on to the Canadian buyer.  You would have had to ask the seller first (before buying) to take her listing out of the GSP and ship First Class to you directly if you had wanted a better rate.  GSP items have comparatively expensive shipping fees.  Sellers have no control over the charges imposed by the GSP.  About the only way to wriggle out of this one is if you go for the cancellation.

In future always always ask in advance for any special requests.   Sellers set up their listings a certain way and that is how they want it.  When you click to buy, it is assumed you have fully agreed to the terms.

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi

If the buyer ask me about lower shipping I give them lower shipping if there is way to do that, but without the tracking number. Shipping from Canada is very expensive but it is always way to sacrifice the cost of shipping in the seller side.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply