I received an empty envelope with a note from Canada Post that the item was removed in shipping.

I ordered an item from Japan that was shipped regular mail through Japan Post. I received an empty envelope today that was supposed to contain the item. The Japan Post envelope was sealed inside a Canada Post plastic sleeve. Inside was a letter from Canada Post that the envelope was opened and the item taken by someone in shipping. It appears the bottom of the seller's envelope was cut opened and the item taken out.

The item was paid for using my Visa through PayPal. Am I able to receive a refund for this item?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Contact your seller first to see if they will refund.

If that does not work then look at the eBay, then paypal and finally credit card options.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Absolutely, yes. I am unsure how your Question was left unseen until now. Either use your credit card or paypal and cite the note from Canada Post, it is your proof on non-receipt.

That is a very odd occurrence to have happened to you. Most things do not ever get stolen in shipping, hopefully the seller took insurance on the item in question, but that's not your actual problem. Talk to the seller, as you've been advised above, and if that goes nowhere, promptly open an Item Not Received case. Do it via ebay within your allotted MoneyBack Guarantee timeframe, so that the seller is required to foot the bill for Return Postage with tracking and not you. I've been on ebay for 11+ years and this is the first time I've actually seen photographic evidence of theft (or item loss) due to tampered packaging in shipment. As an online shopper for the past 20+ years, I can think of only twice I've received items that were missing parts due to poor handling on the part of the carrier, which is a similar yet different problem than what you face. Deliberate theft from an envelope is strange indeed. 

Enter a item not as described via resolution center until 30 days of sale time, if time passed go to your paypal and open a case there.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts