Inconsistent delivery information given

I received an email saying that the delivery was attempted and information left on where to pick up my package, but I was home the entire day.  No attempt was made and no note was left on where to pick up my package.  What do I do now?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

That's a badly worded email.

Generally, undeliverable packages are taken to the local postal OUTLET, the one in back of the drug store, and are available 24 hours later.

Bring ID. They want to know who they are handing your parcel to.

I've seen that information a number of times in the past only to find nothing at my door or anything at my community mail box. I check again a few hours and either suddenly my package appears at the community mail box or the card. When I check the card it shows the package will not be available for pick up until the next day after a certain time. Best thing to do is check the online website for Canada post tracking for any future updates on your package. It will show when it is really available for pickup and where it is at that time. Scans are not always 100% accurate due to the information being transmitted back to Canadapost or when the carrier decides to actually sync their scanner.

-CM

PS. If your parcel is too big to fit in your community mail box it will end up at your nearest postal depot and will require picture identification for pickup. Also, some carriers are known to leave cards without knocking on door or ringing bell. Happens all the time for some reason.

Ask a Question