Its been 10 days that my package is en route to canada, what sould i do?

Its been 10 days that my package is en route to canada and I bought the Item on august 5th. I've contacted the seller and he was very responsive he told me that the package was stuck in transit between the local mail and the airport (Wich was true, because the day after I had all the tracking information about my package). The package has been sent to canada on august 25th, and now its september 5th and still no package!!

I opened a case and I contacted the seller and he says that I should receive it in about 7-10 days.

Should I do a refund or should I wait? Because I don't know how long does the package can be stuck at the canadian border customs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions (2)

If the date of expected delivery has passed, then by all means open a case for item not received..,, Unfortunately there is a huge disconnect in postal updates between Canada and Asian countries..if you haven't got your item in the time frame mentioned by ebay, then go for a total refund..  When the item does show up do the right thing and repay the seller.. There is a huge gap between postal estimates by ebay and the real reality of actual postage shipping time frames, all across the board.. 

P.s. do not accept an offer from the seller to resend the item,, take the refund money and buy it again from someone local who will get the item to you in a timely manner..

You bought August 5 and today is September 5.

Usually I allow 20 days for arrival from North America and 30 days from Asia.

The package has been sent to canada on august 25th, and now its september 5th and still no package!!

So most of the problem is with USPS and is now over.

Remember this was a long weekend and its the end of summer.

Canada Post may be short staffed and were effectively closed for the past three days.

You could drop in to your local Post Office (not postal outlet) and ask them to check the tracking.

This sometimes shakes things loose, because of Murphy's Law.

The good news is that the item is tracked.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

On occasion, have had packages shipped from the USA stuck in Canadian customs for 2 weeks or more. Canada Post cannot take possession of the package until it has been released from Customs. One can only wait....and wait...and wait...

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts