My shipping hasn't updated since Feb. 22

sydgor_74
Community Member
I ordered some shoes which shipped on Feb. 19, and the last info on the USPS tracking is item arriving late on Feb. 22.

I contacted the seller asking for any tips after the last day of arrival passed (March 14) and they promptly gave me a refund with no message back.

What happened?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

marnotom!
Community Member
For what it's worth, here's some information on USPS's Parcel Select service. It appears to be a bulk delivery service and my experience with similar services is that the tracking isn't always reliable.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2007/html/pb22219/kit2_002.html

Your seller likely realized that they'd be SOL in the event you filed a claim of non-delivery so they decided to nip this in the bud. Did you get your import charges and Pitney Bowes shipping charges refunded, though?

I would also suggest you check the GSP tracking page to see if there are any clues there. Have your "UPA" tracking number handy and head for https://parceltracking.pb.com .
marnotom!
Community Member

I was actually referring to the USPS shipping method the seller used for getting the shoes to Kentucky.  "International Priority Shipping" is Pitney Bowes' term for its network of logistic companies, freight carriers, couriers, and so forth.  It's not really a shipping method the way we laypeople understand the term.

If you use the USPS tracking number on the USPS website, the shipping method should show up on the top of the page with the tracking information.

they promptly gave me a refund with no message back.

What happened?

The seller realized he had no way of proving that you had received the shoes (eBay wants proof of delivery, not proof of shipping) and refunded you without hassling you about doing an eBay Dispute.

That this keeps him off eBay's radar as a non-performing seller is a bonus for him.

If he misdirected the parcel, it will eventually get back to him.

If you eventually receive the parcel, you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service. It's under Money at the top of your PP account page.

You can leave appropriate feedback, but I don't think I would bother.

marnotom!
Community Member
What shipping method was used? It should say somewhere near the top of the tracking page.
Ask a Question