Paid but not shipped

terench9
Community Member

Hello! I am a new member in eBay. I saw this game that said buy it now, I really wanted it and paid it via Paypal. 

The seller has some communication, since I filled out the wrong address and he asked me to correct the address. Other that, I received zero messages regarding the my order. 

Under my purchase history, the status of my order has been "Paid but not shipped" since the date (Dec19, 2017) I purchased it. It has been two weeks, my order still hasn't been shipped. 

The estimated delivery is Wed, Dec 27 - Tue, Jan 16, should I wait for my order until Jan 16 and then contact the seller and ebay to cancel the order? 

Thank you in advance. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Normally you should wait for the last date.

If the item is coming from overseas, it can easily take a month.

But if you are worried, and especially if it was a substantial amount of money (whatever you feel is substantial), you also can open a dispute through Paypal.

However, I would encourage you to make ONE last attempt at communiction.

Keep it simple.

Ask for the date of shipping, the service used and the tracking number.

If you don't get a useful reply (which would be either a refund or a working trackingnumber. preferably one that shows your game to be in Canada) go to your Paypal account.

You will find the transaction number for your purchase there.

At the top of the page under Tools is PP's Resolution Centre.

You can open a dispute for 180 days from Payment (not delivery) on PP.

The problem is Item Not Received.

Skip the suggestion that you contact the seller, you have already done that. (But normally that step clears things up quickly.)

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

BTW, you are also protected a third time if you back your PP account with a credit card.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Where does it come from? Because not every country will have a tracking number for their shipments (I for one ship a lot of things without tracking). Even if the seller cannot provide one, it doesn't mean it was not shipped. It just means the service used does not include one.

Ask a Question