Postage calculator isn't working for multiple items?

Does anyone know how to fix the issue of the shipping calculator (Shipping and Payment tab) not being able to calculate postage for multiple items(Canada, US or by Country)? When you select 2 or more of an item you get the error message  "Shipping cost cannot be calculated Please enter a valid postal code."  or the other variation, mailing options chosen at the time the listing was created are not available or displayed. This is something that has started to happen recently and in speaking to eBay they had no solution and said they would get back to me. So far no response. This appears to be an issue mostly on dot ca. In creating the original listing no error messages display other than item weight is too high for that service. Remove that option and you're good to go. Have noted on listings for customers  that if you have problems with the shipping calculator please contact me, but this shouldn't really be necessary. Any suggestions or a fix would be greatly appreciated. 

CM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

To the OP: Use Add to Cart. This is a well-known glitch with Calculated Shipping from ebay.ca listings that ebay is currently working on fixing. I can link you to the other threads on this subject if you can't find them, please ask. 

Not sure how many other sellers are still having this issue for calculated shipping for more than 1 of the same item, Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid postal code. but for me is an ongoing issue and was told again by eBay CS they were still working on it but had no solution or work around had been found. Prior to November 2017 had no problem with the calculator working as it should. Was able to fine a few situations where it partially worked during the past 6 months but it was only temporarily. Have not made any changes to my settings  and all appear to be set properly. 6 Months later I still have this problem and unfortunately it affects 35 % +- of my listings and is definitely affecting my business as buyers  are just going elsewhere as soon as they see the above message. For anyone else affected, this is the message I received earlier this morning from happy_pideon. 

Hi,

Re: Ongoing never ending Postage Calculator Issue

There have been no updates because at this time, there are no further updates to give, unfortunately.

As a workaround, I would suggest using the Canada Post Find a Rate tool to set flat rate shipping fees for the time being.

For my items Flat Rate Shipping is NOT a applicable solution. If anyone has come across an actual solution, please pass it on. I would be very grateful. I and all sellers need the shipping calculator to work properly.

Regards,

CM

I am also having a problem with the shipping option. I set my preferences for buyers to have free shipping as soon as they purchase a second item. The issue is that they must add items to the cart first and then proceed to checkout. I have had multiple buyers from the U.S. take advantage of this offer with no problems, and then today, a buyer from Manitoba contacted me to say he could not check out with free shipping. I double checked the items he selected and sure enough, the shipping charge in the shopping cart would not set to 0.00. Given that I just updated 3000 items to offer free shipping, I hope eBay is able to pinpoint this issue. Do you have a contact point I could send my details?

Do you know if your customers are using the Shopping Cart for these multiple orders?

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts