Canada to U.S. Shipping?

I am a small time seller,mostly hockey cards.I am currently only selling in Canada.I would like to expand and start selling to the U.S.,this makes me very nervous.The shipping costs alone are crazy.I would very much like to have a lot more sales.Just selling in Canada is not generating enough sales.The post office where I live is very legal when it comes to U.S. shipping rates.I want to ship things correctly with no issues.I should also say most of my items are low end.Could any one offer any help?

View Entire Topic
mcrlmn
Community Member

"most of my items are low end"

Then just mail 'em.

Unless a card is limited or rookie, you'll probably be lucky to get 99 cents a card.

I've 2 apple boxes of hockey cards going back to the early '60s, including juniors, boxes, uncut sheets, and sealed binders from various food retailers such as Kraft and Post.

Of course there's some I'd never sell, but the rest are no more than interesting and taking up space.

I've flogged a bunch, but frankly can't even find enough interest to dig out a few more and list.

The market was flooded and the bottom fell out, so most cards going back to the 1980s aren't worth much, unless they're high grade rookie cards or scarce signed inserts of superstars.

If you have a Gretzky rookie card, and sell it for the right price, then you can fill in the little customs form to attach to your mail, and you'll have plenty of money to pay for tracking.

Otherwise, just drop it in the mail box.

I've used the hockey cards the same as various coins I may find in my pocket change,  to sell and provide my 'cookie jar' insurance for the higher end items I may ship.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts