Seller hasn't shipped item and it's been 11 day's. Also gave me a fake/invalid tracking number

I ordered an expensive piece of camera equipment that I need for a shoot at the start of December. The item was supposed to arrive at my house today at the earliest and next week at the latest. The shipping status is marked as "Shipping Info Received" But the item is not in transit and the USPS tracking number given to me is invalid. The seller is based in the US and I live in Ontario

I contacted the seller and they told me that the tracking number is the correct one and that USPS usually takes longer. 

Unfortunately, the seller's negative reviews all have to do with items not being shipped or invalid tracking numbers. Regardless of that the seller has a ton of good feedback, over 10,000 postive reviews and 150 negatives. 98.6 rating.

Do I have anything to worry about? How can I ensure myself in this situation?

View Entire Topic

Thanks for the extra information.

With that poor a FB rating, and a non-responsive tracking number, I suggest you go to Paypal and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You have already contacted the seller so you can skip that suggestion, and just ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

As we said before (we being the usual bunch of busybodies posters who hang out here) PP may want to wait until November 30 to proceed, on the basis that it may actually be on its way.

But if the seller can't prove Delivery as opposed to shipping, either he or PP will refund you.

As a side note, online buying can be cheap and can be a good place to find the unusual and the rare, but if you have a deadline, you are usually better off buying locally.

Henry's is a pretty good camera shop. They are Canadian, sell on eBay and also have their own B&M shops and stie.

Best wishes and let us know how it goes -- just hit Reply on your own query.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts