Shipping from China ? I have ordered 4 items from China in Jan.2017. Nothing has arrived !

All 4 items were offered with "Free Shipping" from "Top Rated" sellers ....

Waited over 2 and a 1/2 months.

I had to request a refund for each one.

One of the sellers offered to "re-ship" using a "fast shipping method" - that was supposed to take 10-15 days.  Nothing arrived with that option either.

The other thing I noticed is that a Tracking No with China Post has been provided by some of the sellers.

When you check that number, it says "invalid" and it does not exist.

What do you do about Feedback when this keeps on happening ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shipping from China ? I have ordered 4 items from China in Jan.2017. Nothing has arrived !

There are many posts about the long delays in mail from China.

As you may have discovered, untracked Surface shipments are the ones at the lowest priority for Canada Post, and that is after CBSA has searched for traces of killer fentanyl.

One of the sellers offered to "re-ship" using a "fast shipping method"

This is a common scam.

It is quite likely that seller never shipped anything in the first place, trusting to poor memories, indifference to a small loss of money and fake replacements to keep the buyer's cash in his hands.

Never agree to a replacement. You want a cash refund.

a Tracking No with China Post has been provided by some of the sellers.

Another scam.

For the scammers, if you can leave feedback do.

"Tracking number is invalid Nothing rec'd No refund"

"No replacement No refund"

Would be possiblities.

Best if you get one of those scammer responses is to open an eBay or Paypal Dispute and not only get your refund when the scammer cannot prove delivery, but put the crook on eBay and PP's radar as bad guys to deal with.

Remember not only have you been victimized but eBay and PP also lost money on them as well as the confidence of customers of the marketplace.

If a seller sends a prompt refund, I would not leave any feedback.

If the item arrives late, I can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

If there is still time to leave feedback , and there usually isn't, I would say something like "Thank you for your assistance." And a positive.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There are many posts about the long delays in mail from China.

As you may have discovered, untracked Surface shipments are the ones at the lowest priority for Canada Post, and that is after CBSA has searched for traces of killer fentanyl.

One of the sellers offered to "re-ship" using a "fast shipping method"

This is a common scam.

It is quite likely that seller never shipped anything in the first place, trusting to poor memories, indifference to a small loss of money and fake replacements to keep the buyer's cash in his hands.

Never agree to a replacement. You want a cash refund.

a Tracking No with China Post has been provided by some of the sellers.

Another scam.

For the scammers, if you can leave feedback do.

"Tracking number is invalid Nothing rec'd No refund"

"No replacement No refund"

Would be possiblities.

Best if you get one of those scammer responses is to open an eBay or Paypal Dispute and not only get your refund when the scammer cannot prove delivery, but put the crook on eBay and PP's radar as bad guys to deal with.

Remember not only have you been victimized but eBay and PP also lost money on them as well as the confidence of customers of the marketplace.

If a seller sends a prompt refund, I would not leave any feedback.

If the item arrives late, I can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

If there is still time to leave feedback , and there usually isn't, I would say something like "Thank you for your assistance." And a positive.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I just had a similar experience ordering 3 items from three different sellers.  Each provided an eta range from about three weeks to over two months.  Nothing arrived and I was unable to provide negative feedback because eBay does not allow for this after 60 days.  What if sellers are not shipping a portion of their orders and counting on the fact that 50% of buyers won't ask for a refund on a $10 order?  No negative feedback and pocket the payment.  Possible?  Likely?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply