Tracking

Hi i Was Just Wondering If Everyone Use Tracking To The USA and if you dont do we get dings on your account for not uploading tracking  thanks 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

It won't affect your Top Rated Seller status because we get the Global one not the tougher US one.

The Global TRS gives you the same discounts and sales, more or less, but  the badge does not show if your customer sees your listing on dotCOM.

OTOH-- we don't need no stinkin' badges. Frankly few buyers ever notice them, or feedback, because they keep buying from incompetents with 95% FB.  (/rant)

Tracking would depend on the item value but also on the category.

In some high fraud/high value categories (electronics, fine jewelry, sneakers, horse tack, dolls) tracking  is very important.

I sell used books, sewing patterns and stamps. My customer demographic is painfully honest.  I track very little.

But.

With Canada Post, if your item is bulky enough for parcel rates, it will probably be tracked anyway.

I think the only exception is Small Packet USA - which is half the price of Tracked Packet.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

You don't need to worry about the 'uploading tracking within your handling time' metric unless you want your listings to qualify for the trs plus badge on .com. It isn't needed to be a global top rated seller.

As another poster mentioned, it's possible to receive a late shipment ding if you don't have a tracking scan within your handling time or a delivery scan by the estimated delivery date. However, if you don't have tracking, you don't get dinged for late shipment unless a buyer checks off that the item is late when they are entering feedback for the transaction.  In my experience, few buyers ever check off that an item was late.

Each seller has different risk tolerances so while some Canadians almost always use tracking, there are many that don't use it.  

I use tracking on all my parcels, domestic and international. Uploading an acceptance scan within my stated handling time is the only way to absolutely avoid a late shipment report.

It depends on the price of the item. I don't use tracking on items under $50.00 & I use tracking on most items that are over $50.00.  I have only had a couple of people claim that they never received their items. With tracking you have proof that it was delivered. You don't get dings for not using tracking. You may just have to refund the person if they claim they didn't receive it.

mcrlmn
Community Member

"Just Wondering If Everyone Use Tracking To The USA and if you dont do we get dings on your account for not uploading tracking"

Nope and nope

The thing I've noticed with my past experiences mailing by Tracked vs Small Packet Air to the USA (from Calgary), Tracked normally arrives in under 10 business days. Small Packet Air can take up to 15 business days, (slightly longer than what eBay currently states). If a customer hasn't received their item and is getting irritable I just ask them to be patient and normally it shows up a day or 2 later. These times are for continental USA. Alaska/Hawaii/PR/APO's/FPO's will be slightly longer. 

And customs can affect delivery times if there are issues in clearing.

-CM

Ask a Question