Was my item shipped by China Post lost?

Hello, 

I purchased an item on November 9, 2013 from China and was shipped by China Post. It's January and it still has not arrived. The tracking number is RB941863328CN. The last update is from Dec 11 from the location PVG with a NULL status. I'm just unsure if the tracking China Post provides includes shipping updates after it leaves the country, like some other postal services do. Since the item did not arrive by the holidays the seller refunded me entirely, so it's not an issue about money. I just want to know if the parcel is most likely lost or not to see if I should purchase another one elsewhere. 

Any tips are appreciated, thank you. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shipping by Surface Mail is very slow. Assume three months for arrival, a bit pessimistic but not impossible.

Most Tracking only is updated when a new transfer point is reached. If your purchase is on the traditional slow boat from China, it was updated when it went into the container bound for Canada, and will not be updated until it arrives.

The international postal system is very good at its job, and it is remarkable how few items do get lost. Most 'loss' claims are probably 'slower than I expected ' claims.

Should you buy another? If you need it now, yes. When the original arrives you can either return it, refuse it, or sell it on. However, if you do keep it, remember that you ethically can't keep both item and money. You can reimburse the seller through Paypal.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts