Why does the global tracking number show multiple carriers and never updates shipping status

I purchased a item from the US and  under order details it gives me a global tracking number and shows multiple carriers, this is all the info given and is never updated to show where in its journey your package is. What kind of tracking system is this,when you can't track your package. Terrible system

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Why does the global tracking number show multiple carriers and never updates shipping status

Tracking is completely useless to a buyer. It exists to protect sellers against bogus claims of non-delivery.

It takes about 10 to 20 days for an item to arrive from the USA to Canada. There is no holdup at customs normally and most packages are not stopped to have tax and duty levied. If they are,you will get a notice in your mailbox to pay the fees due at your local PO. At that time, the system will record your parcel as being delivered.

If more than 20 days have passed, open an Item Not Received dispute. Either the seller will show that the item has been delivered or you will get a refund.

But don't fuss about the tracking. It does you no good.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Tracking is completely useless to a buyer. It exists to protect sellers against bogus claims of non-delivery.

It takes about 10 to 20 days for an item to arrive from the USA to Canada. There is no holdup at customs normally and most packages are not stopped to have tax and duty levied. If they are,you will get a notice in your mailbox to pay the fees due at your local PO. At that time, the system will record your parcel as being delivered.

If more than 20 days have passed, open an Item Not Received dispute. Either the seller will show that the item has been delivered or you will get a refund.

But don't fuss about the tracking. It does you no good.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This may be your feeling, but if you are ordering parts for customer repairs then it is nice to tell your customer that the item is on its way and is currently in such and such location. Tracking should be a 2 way street protecting both parties. If I buy a item and its shipped via usps I know where my purchased item is at all times.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I agree 52, the tracking from USPS and CP assures me the package has been sent and saves me time and money.
I live in a rural area , but collect my mail at a city PO box. CP will email me when the package arrives at my PO.
My packages from the US have been arriving in 8-11 days.

I don't bother with GSP sellers anymore, did once.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

to femmefan... when we are ordering something we like to know when it is coming/ that global shipping program is a GIANT SCAM /rip off and its a crock that we cant view the status of our items.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

lirwin0
Community Member

E-bay's new "Global Tracking" is completely useless to the buyer.

It exists only to protect the seller against non delivery.

I do not know what "Globe" that e-bay is referring to!

I am only aware of the one!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Please post all questions about the Global Shipping Program here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Please post all comments about the Global Shipping Program here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 7 of 7
latest reply